Do you keep your insurance certificate in your glove box

Steveandjulie

Just got my new certificate in the post and wondered who keeps there's in their glove box or do you leave it in a safe place at home

I scan it into the computer, print a copy and keep the copy in the vehicle

Never carried ins or licence on me or any vh,you can show it at any cop shop within 5 days.

Never ever, will when we go continental of course, but it's all online now anyway, can the frogs not access that info at the side of the road like our local fuzz?

Keep nothing like that in the van in uk but will when we cross the channel. I do always have driving license with me though and insurance is all online and on phone

Carry it and a copy of all relevant documents need to show abroad if stopped there or they will impound it.

Digital unless renewal time means we can print easily at Aged Ps. V5 is more of an issue as we have to carry this so we hide it in the van, not ideal to have it in the vehicle.

I have scanned copies of all relevant documents easy at hand in a A4 folder in the back of the passenger seat.

If the authorities need to see originals they are hidden away in my very good secret place just behind the ............. ooops, nearly let slip then,

which ones need to be originals?

I only have driving license and V5 really, everything else is online. I don’t get a hard copy of insurance so that would have to be a printed copy which at one time in the uk wasn’t acceptable

Edit: Or will I have mot as well? I know I was given something that showed no advisories so maybe, not sure what the newer type look like as I have had a leased car for years and it just gets done. Have had on bike but not for a few years. Folder is at home so will have to check when I get back

It's all online now cept the licence, but the boys in blue can access that so I see no reason really to carry anything, isn't this just an old ruling which hasn't been updated yet?

If they can't contact the ins company, they'll issue a producer

I suppose as you don't get actual paper work anymore printing one off isn't a bad idea, ditto the MOT, but would they be bothered about that anyway? Licence I would possible carry as a photocopy wouldn't be much use, too small to see if it was real or not, V5 I might apply for a new one as lost rather than a copy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back