Do you keep your insurance certificate in your glove box

It's all online now cept the licence, but the boys in blue can access that so I see no reason really to carry anything, isn't this just an old ruling which hasn't been updated yet?
I think folks are ferreting to when you go abroad with motorhome PB rather than in the UK? It states you need to carry originals of everything, I will need to sort stuff for February though when we go to France for a few months

Durring my trucking dsys, we aways carried the originals and in mainland europe have been asked for them many times. I carry origanals in mh and can't see the problem! I also carry copies as a back up. Easy really, just do what you should snd carry the correct documentstion when abroad!
The problem is that most stuff is online noe Graham, for instance I don’t have anything on paper for my insurance. Everything is set up in uk now so all you need to carry is your license. I will just print stuff out to take to France but technically is that enough

Never carried ins or licence on me or any vh,you can show it at any cop shop within 5 days.
You have to find one open, and then stand in a queue
What about producing it at an accident?
I France it is a legal requirement to carry the reg doc as well.

You have to find one open, and then stand in a queue
What about producing it at an accident?
I France it is a legal requirement to carry the reg doc as well.
In uk you are not required by law to show ins at any accident or admit liability or in fact stay,all you have to do is exchange address and name,if police ask for it you show in 5 days as i said,never been to france,a to do some time soon.

In U.K. I never give my documents a second thought. I would never go abroad without the originals.
We have a small safe so keep them there. Having said that only been asked for the registration document in an Italian Campsite. Never did find out why!

I have printed a copy to keep in the drawer in the van along with the insurance documents and i always carry my licence.I now carry passports everywhere as well.

Never carried ins or licence on me or any vh,you can show it at any cop shop within 5 days.

Generally abroad they insist on seeing ALL your docs, keep ours in a folder in our side cupboard/glove box, they also generally like to see your travel insurance

It's all online now cept the licence, but the boys in blue can access that so I see no reason really to carry anything, isn't this just an old ruling which hasn't been updated yet?

Your licence is also on line now, all you need is the number/DOB/postcode

I scan it into the computer, print a copy and keep the copy in the vehicle

Mine is delivered electronically and I just print and keep in the van with photocopies of my passport and reg documents. Old boy scout motto "be prepared" embedded in my brain from childhood !!

I carry copies of all my docs including a colour double sided copy of V5 ( looks fairly good ) in a gun safe that I have bolted to floor .

That way do not have to worry about taking it in and out .

LT Man

We were broken into a couple of days ago at Aire des Volcans on A71. The traffic police wanted to see passport, V5 and vehicle insurance. Passport was original, V5 was a copy, and insurance was just Insurers name and Policy Number on phone. The gendarmes weren't bothered that we didn't have the original, but it was 4am!
S

I never think about it but maybe I should keep a copy as I change my insurers regularly I can never remember who I am insured with half the time I am with AIB this year.

Normally in UK I lust leave everything at home. When I went to France last year I took everything with me and kept it with the passports & ferry tickets - on my person at all times, I took photos of everything on my phone (which I also keep on my person at all times) and copied it on to the desktop at home - where my NoK could get to it if need be.
I would never leave the original V5 in an unoccupied vehicle, no matter how carefully hidden, for obvious reasons.

I have scanned copies of all relevant documents easy at hand in a A4 folder in the back of the passenger seat.

If the authorities need to see originals they are hidden away in my very good secret place just behind the ............. ooops, nearly let slip then,

You mean under the mattress just like mine?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back