Do you think this eBike is legal?

runnach

Moves faster than chit off a shovel, also no requirement to pedal. Legal for the UK?
IMG_6718.jpeg

Depends how old it is Terry! Sue and I have e-bikes that we bought many years ago before the stricter regulations came in, which are not retroactive as far as I am aware (unfortunately can’t recall when the new e-bike regs came in). We have much more than 250w power and a throttle which requires no pedalling and all perfectly legal in the UK. They really need replacing but what fun they are!

Difficult to say!! If it was a commercial bike I would say definitely illegal,as it should be pedal assistance only. However as it is a conversion I would say can I get a shot please!!

Your bike can do with some mods, I used this old bike in the basement as a model.
IMG_6715.jpegIMG_6716.jpegIMG_6717.jpeg

The loo is in case you get caught short, the sabre, well you live in that part of the country where they speak funny, and can be a dodgy place to live

Depends how old it is Terry! Sue and I have e-bikes that we bought many years ago before the stricter regulations came in, which are not retroactive as far as I am aware (unfortunately can’t recall when the new e-bike regs came in). We have much more than 250w power and a throttle which requires no pedalling and all perfectly legal in the UK. They really need replacing but what fun they are!
Tony, the bike is just out the oven and still hot. No way does it comply with current regs!!

I can see a good old fashioned doooing coming your way Terry🤕 and the best bit he will catch you on that thing if you try to run away.
No way Wully-Hosay, auld windsock bike will short oot underwater.👍

Difficult to say!! If it was a commercial bike I would say definitely illegal,as it should be pedal assistance only. However as it is a conversion I would say can I get a shot please!!
Shrugs it's mine Terry is just sh-t stirring I've just put it together it's only a 750watt motor running on a 48v x 25amp battery it's nippy I only use it off road cough cough lol

Not 45 years ago lolol
Scapa never really rocked my boat Jeff, why? Nearly all the scuttled fleet are upside down and require deco stops, shallow wrecks are the Churchhill barrier block ships, one in particular is a slack water dive, at runs like a banshee on the flood and ebb!!

A week trip to Scapa, or Scarper, as you speak funny doon there 🤣 is not cheap, you can get a Red Sea livaboard for same, or less money, with guaranteed sunny weather 🌞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back