Dog owners be aware. D

Deleted member 144

Dog owners in Torrox and other parts of Spain have been warned that they face fines of between120 E and 700e for not cleaning up after their dogs BUT this is for wee, they can get free bottles from the Tourist offices and town halls and should be filled with water and vinegar solution to wash down where the dog pees, We actually saw a woman do this last week in Estapona Town and was amazed to see her do this.

Dog owners in Torrox and other parts of Spain have been warned that they face fines of between120 E and 700e for not cleaning up after their dogs BUT this is for wee, We actually saw a woman do this last week in Estapona Town and was amazed to see her do this.
I've always wondered Why dogs are allowed to urinate over every thing at least Spain is starting something hopefully other countries will soon follow suit

I'll say straight off, so that no-one pounces, that I love, love, love (almost) all animals and I always cleaned up after our dogs when we had them... and obviously still do whenever I babysit my son's mad mutt. Thing is no-one ever mentions cats. Why is it written into law that everyone must clean up after their dog but no-one gives a second thought to their cats? My neighbourhood is chock full of gorgeous cats and my garden is full of their calling cards :rolleyes: They'd never have gotten away with that when we had dogs :ROFLMAO: Maybe I should start a petition about doggy prejudice? Also, when was the last time someone got on their high horse about equestrian dung? No mention of a fine there and there are always plenty of willing clean-up volunteers with shovels and buckets!

I'm only teasing, I'm totally on board... but it still grates a bit when a neighbour pontificates and gossips about a speck of overlooked doggy doo somewhere, at the same moment their cat is casually busying itself in my flowerbeds, for me to 'find' when I'm weeding! :rolleyes::poop::poop::poop:

In law cats are regarded as Wild Animals.
If I remember correctly the owner is not responsible for their actions.

Pussy poop is no where near as deadly as Dog S##t and degrades in soil
There's very little between them according to this article and others like it...

Here's another...

Lots of information here. Amazing how high the infection rate can be.

That info was on the same page that came up when I searched for the frequency of cases in the UK. Other websites give a very different story to Wiki, including this one:

If you think the above may be biased, try this one:

Given that more and more Pet dogs get regular Flea and Worm treatment, any cases of Toxacara are liable to come from Cats or Foxes. Remember that Foxes are common in Urban areas and rummage in peoples gardens and move along streets after dark. I live in an Urban area and Foxes use the nearby North East main railway line as a Fox motorway during the night, we often see them around here, even in daytime.

In a USA study over a quarter of children’s play areas in a Connecticut town were found to be infected. Link
14% of the population of the USA are infected. Link needs registration.
Infection rates appear higher in poorer countries probably because of less treatment of dogs for worms, but lower in Muslim areas because there are less dogs.

Wrong thread.

Dog owners in Torrox and other parts of Spain have been warned that they face fines of between120 E and 700e for not cleaning up after their dogs BUT this is for wee, they can get free bottles from the Tourist offices and town halls and should be filled with water and vinegar solution to wash down where the dog pees, We actually saw a woman do this last week in Estapona Town and was amazed to see her do this.
we have two dogs, and I‘m not against this in principle. Couple of practical problems. Most dogs use urine to mark where they have been so you could find yourself spraying every bush and lamp post. And it won’t stop the innumerable strays that infest most of the Mediterranean area.

We have the same problem Jennie with cats and then they kill the plants when they do their business in flowerbeds... or they do it on the lawn we always clean up after our dog

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back