Dometic fridge freezer RMD8505

Channelcrosser

I removed the exterior vent grille the other day only to find a black single core cable hanging loose from the Dometic ignition controller.
(Type p-810).

At the bottom (side in photo) of the controller is an 8 way multi plug. The first is not used and then the next three from the left go to the electronics box. Then there are four black cables. The first is the one that is going nowhere. The remaining three 6,7,8 all go to the gas valve.

Does anybody know where the black cable from terminal 5 should go to please??

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Channelcrosserimage.jpeg

I have an installation manual for the RMD8505 (downloaded it from somewhere - sorry can't remember where!) and although it has wiring pictures and circuit diagrams in it, they don't look much like yours. The manual is dated January 2017 - perhaps yours is earlier and things were different then. My only guess is that these fridges allowed the possibility of a solar panel input to run them in preference to gas when you were stationary and off hook-up - could it be that? Graham

I've just tried to upload the manual to the resource area but it kept failing with some error like invalid message. Sorry.

Different to our 2018 RMD 8505. Graham, I would love a copy of your manual. If you can't upload it, would it be possible to email it?

I removed the exterior vent grille the other day only to find a black single core cable hanging loose from the Dometic ignition controller.
(Type p-810).

At the bottom (side in photo) of the controller is an 8 way multi plug. The first is not used and then the next three from the left go to the electronics box. Then there are four black cables. The first is the one that is going nowhere. The remaining three 6,7,8 all go to the gas valve.

Does anybody know where the black cable from terminal 5 should go to please??

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

ChannelcrosserView attachment 58661
It may well be for a solar connection, see page 19 of the installation manual here

Regards,
Del

Different to our 2018 RMD 8505. Graham, I would love a copy of your manual. If you can't upload it, would it be possible to email it?
The link to the manual that alwaysared posted is dated 02/2009, while mine is January 2017 as I said before. Does yours look like the 2009 manual? If not, message me with your email and I'll send my manual to you.

I was hoping that some admin-type person would tell me what I was doing wrong when I tried to upload it :)

Graham

The link to the manual that alwaysared posted is dated 02/2009, while mine is January 2017 as I said before. Does yours look like the 2009 manual? If not, message me with your email and I'll send my manual to you.

I was hoping that some admin-type person would tell me what I was doing wrong when I tried to upload it :)

Graham
Graham, I've sent you a PM

Here is a link to Graham's manual which is on our sister site motorhomebuilder.com
LINK

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back