Dometic oven

wynpar

Free Member

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has the same oven fitted on their van as shown on the picture ( sorry I have no idea what the oven model is as it’s not stamped on the unit but I do know it’s around 3 years old) .
The reason I’m asking is that I’ve found four holes in the top rear which looks like its for a fan but the oven isn’t fitted with one . Seems to me that the heat in the oven goes out to the holes and obviously heats up the side wall bonding. Seems a strange set up and was hoping someone could confirm that they have the same holes at the rear of their oven , or not .

Thanks in advance.

79BDE1F7-078E-4FF4-9809-EB4180DB6B76.jpegA3852CBB-7C10-4120-B44D-A2E7EFFFA773.jpeg

Our Autotrail does not have a visible extractor fan fitted above the oven/hob but from memory, I think if the oven gets hot there is a whirring sound which I took to be a fan. But like you, it did cross my mind where any extractions were going as there isn't an outside vent behind it.

The nearest roof window to our oven is one of those electric jobbies which can extract or pull in air as required, so I guess that this is in lieu of a proper extractor fan.

Our first MH, a Bessacarr had an overhead extractor fan built in with separate switching.

Unfortunately we don't have the same type of oven as you so sorry I cant be of any help.

Are there vents to the rear of the hob?
I have a separate oven/grill and there is a fan which pushes hot air out of a vent at the front of the oven, above the door. Might be a similar principle?

The flue gases from the oven come out through the grille at the back of the hob.
There should be a space between the outside rear of the oven and the van wall.

The flue gases from the oven come out through the grille at the back of the hob.
Thanks for this , there is a gap of about 2 inches between the oven back and the van side panels ... seems to me that’s not a huge amount but I’m guessing it’s enough ..

Yes...the same here. there is a strip of grille between the hob and the sidewall of the MH. Without going into my MH and checking I'd say its 2-3 inches too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back