Donating Reward Points To Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administator

Some members have expressed an interest in using their reward points to aid charitable causes, this thread explains how we intend on facilitating this.

Edina had a great idea and we are launching it today.

I have set up a user account called Charity.
Members can go to their reward points wallet and donate reward points to the user "Charity".
Each month any reward points donated to "Charity" will be used to purchase tickets in our "Monthly Raffle".
We will have a different nominated charity each month and any prizes won will be donated to that charity.

We will have twelve charities so that members can decide which charity they would like to support.

Essentially this is the same as a member buying tickets themselves and then donating any prizes to charity, so it will not change the odds of any member winning a raffle.

I would like to invite you to suggest charities so that I can then have a poll and we can choose the twelve charities that we are going to support.
We will decide on this months charity by the end of December (before the draw)

You can start donating reward points now if you wish, I have added a wallet widget to the top right of the widgets bar on the home page.

1) Go to the homepage.
2) In the top right wallet widget click on "DONATE REWARD POINTS"
3) In the pop box enter the username "Charity" where it says "user to donate to".
4) Enter the amount you would like to donate.
5) Click the Donate button.

Phil

Below are the charities already suggested; please post your choice of charity to be entered into the poll.

Macmillan Cancer Support
British Heart Foundation
Royal British Legion
RNLI - Royal National Lifeboat Institution
RSPCA - Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Help for Heroes
Children in Need
CLIC Sargent – Cancer and Leukaemia in Children
National Kidney Federation
Kidney Research UK
RNIB – Royal National Institute of Blind People
Marie Curie – Terminal illness support
Teenage Cancer Trust
Springhill Hospice Rochdale
Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary Norden Rochdale
Tia Greyhound Rescue
Love Underdogs
National Deaf Children’s Society
Oxfam
The Salvation Army

Edina has agreed to administer this feature of Motorhomer for me, so Edina will be the one making future posts and updates.
I have also changed the name from Credits to Reward Points, I think this makes them easier to understand for new members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil, be good to see charities benefit from some of the drivel I post (y)

My choice of charities would be the Royal British Legion and Macmillan Cancer Support

It would also be good to see, some of the local to our members charities, there must be some people out there who are involved in local activities that need donations.

Having been on the receiving end of their excellent work I would like to suggest the RNLI.

Tony

Will this also include the £1000 lottery at New Year

I am very interested in the three nominees requested by *****
Hospices and Bleackholt Animal Sanctuary Norden Lancashire their are lots of charities that would use this money for their needs

RSPCA and Macmillan Cancer Support for me.

If you're scrabbling for ideas (which I doubt) the volunteer search team I belong to are always grateful for donations or sponsorship.
Sussex Community Search Team

Tried to donate mine and nominate Help For Hero's, but all I get is an Oops and apparently I don't exist

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to donate mine and nominate Help For Hero's, but all I get is an Oops and apparently I don't exist
Oppy I think you should type "Charity" as the user name rather than your own... worked for me anyway :)

Great idea. This way every one’s a winner. Even me. Bang mine in.

Children in need for me, but I suppose you could have guessed that, it is the only charity I support nowadays, costs me a small fortune. :D :D :D

I suggest we spread the donations around and maybe support the smaller charities who get less TV coverage etc.
Eg "Children in Need" get millions anyway not against them but........( Not wishing to annoy Pudsey Bear or others )

I suggest we spread the donations around and maybe support the smaller charities who get less TV coverage etc.
Eg "Children in Need" get millions anyway not against them but........( Not wishing to annoy Pudsey Bear or others )

If members post the charity they would like to benefit, they will all be placed in a poll for our members to decide which twelve will be supported; therefore they need to be individual charities.

For us a leading Kidney charity is paramount and in our particular circumstances, a little personal

I think that will be a popular choice, but can you post the actual name of your preferred charity or we can't list them. :)

To be honest Chris, I have just asked Kath and she doesn't know which is best. I suspect any of the big ones would help the cause
Maybe this one . The / is a link
/

search

The only thing I would like to add, is that I like to see the money going to the real hands on elements of a charity and not to pay the directors large salaries

I'll add these to the list if that's okay?

Kidney Research UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back