'Dorset knob-eating contest goes digital'

Devon and Cornwall have arguments about scones but everyone knows the best knobs are found in Dorset. :)

You raise an interesting topic, Okta.
Research relatively recently published by Cambridge University indicates that the Cornish and Devonian folk don't quite agree on the pronunciation of 'scone':

scone_rhyme_with_gone.png

........ whereas I happen to know that it rhymes with 'gone' and not 'bone'.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

The Cornish say jam first but the Devonians insist on cream before jam. In Dorset we generally concentrate on getting as much of both on as we can and s_d how you do it.
Is the Knob Festival held at Sandbanks or am I thinking of the wrong sort of knob?

................In Dorset we generally concentrate on getting as much of both on as we can and s_d how you do it.
Is the Knob Festival held at Sandbanks or am I thinking of the wrong sort of knob?

That really made me laugh out loud, Okta!
Thanks for that one.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

You raise an interesting topic, Okta.
Research relatively recently published by Cambridge University indicates that the Cornish and Devonian folk don't quite agree on the pronunciation of 'scone':

........ whereas I happen to know that it rhymes with 'gone' and not 'bone'.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
But if you are in a certain part of Scotland, you will say it does not rhyme with 'gone' OR with 'bone', but with 'boon'

go figure!

PS. Dead right .. Scone = gone :D . or is it? been up here too long to be sure :(

The Cornish say jam first but the Devonians insist on cream before jam. In Dorset we generally concentrate on getting as much of both on as we can and s_d how you do it.
probly the wrong end.i said end. just for peace and love, ok.pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back