Dover to Calais Crossing, any serious border issues?

TJC

Hi,
Any one of you Moyorhomers crossed over to France this month? What's it like this year with Border control? Are they going through the vans interiors? They should be happy to see us returning with the revenue so needed from this side of the channel 🤔
TJC

Not been with the van but in the car, going into Dover was a bit of a faff with checks by both Uk and French border staff,got stopped by French Douane at Dunkirk just asked if I had any alcohol, tobaco, currency to declare when I replied no he then asked if I had any cocain or Kalashnikof so not really any problem.

Hi,
Any one of you Moyorhomers crossed over to France this month? What's it like this year with Border control? Are they going through the vans interiors? They should be happy to see us returning with the revenue so needed from this side of the channel 🤔
TJC
Seriously? I'll have some of what you're on, and I'll choose purple for the colour of the Moon

Steve

We used the tunnel yesterday and apart from this daft old soul taking the wrong lane, everything was easy. A check to see that the gas was off, any pets?, how many are there on the journey and finally passport control and a stamp ( Sue was dead chuffed, it's years since she last had one !!)
As far as the fairies go, so no can help.

hi guys . we always stop here when arriving & leaving France open 24/7 the one at Calais closed because of Brexit no more coach booze cruise's.
https://www.pidou.com/ . then stop the night here 8 euros with electric the lady comes at teatime for the money
what out for stowaways hanging around we ALWAYS have one of us in the camper when shopping . Cheyanne

DSC01877.JPGDSC02265.JPGDSC01429.JPG

Crossed through the tunnel on Weds morning. As said, no dramas, no queues and we even got on an earlier train than booked!

See why you went for the larger Van 😉 with that Trolley 😀
hi gmj. yes we was loading up for wintering in Spain for 3 months & 3 months in Europe so we needed the room for all our gear & you cant get a descent lager in Spain . we had ( Elsie the tag ) for 10 years miss that camper Cheyanne

001.JPG

Crossed through the tunnel on Weds morning. As said, no dramas, no queues and we even got on an earlier train than booked!
hi guys we stopped going on the ferry when covid came so its the train for us .Cheyanne

Reactions: GMJ
We used the tunnel yesterday and apart from this daft old soul taking the wrong lane, everything was easy. A check to see that the gas was off, any pets?, how many are there on the journey and finally passport control and a stamp ( Sue was dead chuffed, it's years since she last had one !!)
As far as the fairies go, so no can help.
Thanks Mate. Fairies? I think we'll leave them where they are

hi guys . we always stop here when arriving & leaving France open 24/7 the one at Calais closed because of Brexit no more coach booze cruise's.
https://www.pidou.com/ . then stop the night here 8 euros with electric the lady comes at teatime for the money
what out for stowaways hanging around we ALWAYS have one of us in the camper when shopping . Cheyanne

View attachment 67017View attachment 67018View attachment 67019
Good Call, Thanks for that

It is strong suff! Don't think I can the moon colour though
Motorhomes and Touring Caravans registered in UK total around 775,000, yet some 15 million UK residents visited Spain in 2022. So, even if there were a mass exodus of caravanners and motorhomers, there would be less than 7% of UK tourism to Spain on the move. And Motorhomers are quite tight with the cash, as a couple of Threads this weekend show ... In contrast, there are literally planeloads of package holiday tourists, staying mainly in hotels, eating out every day and earning UK reputation for boozing beyond the norm, who will contribute the cash to Spanish Tourism. Motorhmers and Caravanners will contribute very little by comparison [and the 10 million French visitors will chip in a few € each]

Steve

We crossed on Monday morning, it took 15 minutes to clear all checks, border control and ticket etc.
No check at all at Dunkirk as we drove off.

Tbh you are sat in your MH so for us no different tbh. Cup of coffee; change the time on our watches etc; sort out the Euros and put the sterling in the safe; get the Clarity cards and GHICs out; set the sat nav; have a wee...and you are nearly in France!

Tbh you are sat in your MH so for us no different tbh. Cup of coffee; change the time on our watches etc; sort out the Euros and put the sterling in the safe; get the Clarity cards and GHICs out; set the sat nav; have a wee...and you are nearly in France!
That's where I go wrong, Graham; most of those steps I've undertaken abut 3 times before I leave Scotland ... And I still shout out 'Did we pack ...?' at random times on the drive south. And Elaine replies. 'Yes, as I told you the previous 3 times ...' Fascinating conversations ... :p

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back