DPD auto cleaning Fiat ducato 2016

Carrerasax

DPD auto cleaning Fiat ducato 2016

anyone know how this works. Manual says engine will rev higher to burn of collected particulates as required.
i have not noticed this happening or warning light on dash. I do use engine braking as I have had brakes overheat on me. Van has now done 12,000 miles so guess will have built up deposits!
Any ideas or experience of this phenomenon?

Really? Hadn’t seen that in the manual.... must have a close read.

My Audi A1 had similar habits - and broke, terminally, so I do hope van isn’t doing the same.

Take it a good run on motorway maybe 4/5th gear with revs held up to regenerate ,do this for maybe 4/5miles ,sometimes if you are just dithering about or labouring the engine a lot this needs to be done .just needs a really good purge

Apparently it does it itself at motorway speeds over 1750 rpm

The DPF forced regeneration will only happen if the vehicle has done mainly short trips where the DPF hasnt got hot enough. The DPF passively cleans it self while driving when the engine is hot.
Forced regenerations are not good, the injector system injects more diesel and some can pass into the oil diluting it and raising the level. Always check your oil level and dont fill to the max line, fill to the centre between min and max on a DPF equipped engine.

Signs that you have had a number of forced regeneration are a raised oil level and its not a good sign.

my 2017 euro6 does it after travelling at about 2500 revs if i pull in to the services i can hear it for a short time and then it stops

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back