Driver Licence extended 11 months from expiry

moonshadow

Rally Organiser

Inside DVLA bannerNews story
Expired driving licences automatically extended by 11 months
A hand holding a UK driving licence
Under the changes, photocard driving licences or entitlement to drive that expires between 1 February 2020 and 31 December 2020 will be automatically extended from the expiry date for a period of 11 months.
Drivers do not need to apply to renew their licence until they receive a reminder before their extension expires.

Just done mine last week it was gonna be ten years old in October so renewed online came back within the week.

Reactions: S-S
Just done mine last week it was gonna be ten years old in October so renewed online came back within the week.
strange isn't it? I expect they aren't busy and will be over run next year playing catch up. Martin's licence will be extended automatically which is great as I suspect he would have trouble getting a medical at the mo

But not if you need a medical
you sure about that?
The info says ...
" The temporary extension is automatic, and drivers do not need to do anything. Drivers who have already applied to renew their photocard driving licence or entitlement to drive can usually carry on driving while we process their application, providing they have not been told by their doctor or optician that they should not drive.”

So a matter of only if told they should NOT drive. and not have to prove they CAN.

But not abroad ... they have J's license hostage with his c1 renewal dr health form ... and our tunnel is booked for 10.10. So even though we will be in the car, no prizes for who'll have to do all the driving 🙄

But not abroad ... they have J's license hostage with his c1 renewal dr health form ... and our tunnel is booked for 10.10. So even though we will be in the car, no prizes for who'll have to do all the driving 🙄
The info says it is an extension in place with EU agreement - so not applicable in EU as well?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back