Dual rear view /reversing camera advice.

Jimmy.C

I am waiting for delivery of a new Globescout fiat ducato campervan.(could be a a while). I would like to fit a dual rear view/parking camera and monitor. Looking for recommendations or ones to avoid. Thanks in advance.

Ebay thousands to choose from remember you get what you pay for I learned the hard way
Also depending on whether you want one that goes on dashboard or one fits on rear view mirror which I presume alot of you won't have

My advice is not to make the same mistake I made. My reversing camera is really excellent: clear, sharp and bright. But in the dark, it switches on IR LEDs which are fine if the camera is spotlessly clean. But it's at the back of the van, so after driving it is never clean.
The LEDs are behind the same bit of glass that the lens is behind, so they light up the dirt. That's more or less all you can see.
Boris (a cotton dishmop on a long stick) is great for cleaning the lens (all he is good for) but I wish I'd bought one with the LEDs not behind the same glass

I would like to fit a dual rear view/parking camera and monitor. Looking for recommendations or ones to avoid.

I've also been looking at them and its difficult without recommendations as like most things paying more doesn't guaranty quality also are wireless as good as wired

I've bought and fitted several over the last few years cheaper chinese wireless seem to be very prone to interference, so now only buy wired.Many of cheaper twin input ones do not have a switch to allow av1 or av 2 input but are default set to one input..so if both inputs have a camera connected then the power to one camera has to be switched off and on to the other in order to "override" the default setting,easily done with an external two way switch (on/off/on) camera 1 on/all off/camera 2 on.I have just installed this set up in my van with 1 camera for reversing and viewing the big trailer I tow ,the second camera looking directly down at the tow ball for when hitching up.

Mine is standard fiat 2016 dual rear view.
I wish mine included dashcam facility.
Don’t suppose it’s possible to add this to existing set up?

I am waiting for delivery of a new Globescout fiat ducato campervan.(could be a a while). I would like to fit a dual rear view/parking camera and monitor. Looking for recommendations or ones to avoid. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if you've had delivery of your Globescout Fiat Ducato and, if yes, what you think of it so far. We're thinking of getting the Globecar Roadscout R.

.....easily done with an external two way switch (on/off/on) camera 1 on/all off/camera 2 on.I have just installed this set up in my van with 1 camera for reversing and viewing the big trailer I tow ,the second camera looking directly down at the tow ball for when hitching up.
I fitted a similar set up but one switch powers both cameras which independantly display on media console and Garmin 760 at the same time. Another crossover switch swaps cameras between units. So if either unit is on then a flick of a switch activates the cameras and the other to swap cameras. I did this just using the existing single camera cable and cheap IR cameras £12 each delivered but they have great clarity. The benefit of not having them triggered by selecting reverse gear is that you can view your blind spot whilst driving.

NOT dual view BUT

I bought one of these the other day...

Good clear picture and easy to fit with minimum of wiring (screen is on a cigar lighter plug.... Camera needs a live from reversing lights/earth)

Manages the distance on our swift 590 easily.

My camera always goes to a close up view first,
most annoying as you need a distant view first, I have to manually switch the view.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back