Ducato Heater Problem

Tim120

2020 X250 2.3 160 if that makes a difference.
A couple of months ago when the aircon was on and temp set to cold it would blow hot air only. This only lasted a short while and somehow rectified itself and all was well.
Recently it now refuses to blow hot air with temp set to hot, aircon still works.
I'm led to believe it's something to do with heater flaps not working correctly.
Anyone had experience of or knowledge of this?

Regards,
Tim.

Heater control as below.

63501_5_.jpg

Idle your engine with the A/C turned off. Switch the A/C on and you should hear the engine almost stop as the clutch operates on the A/C. If the clutch is jamming in the 'ON' position you will get cold air when it should be hot.

The fault could be with the unit that controls the power to the A/C controls, it could have burnt contacts as an A/C is heavy on power when it kicks in or drops out.

Spoke with a very knowledgeable guy at a Fiat Professional place yesterday who said something along the lines of, it was more than likely the air flow control thingy, he used the technical term though. It will show up on a OBD scan. Clever init.

Spoke with a very knowledgeable guy at a Fiat Professional place yesterday who said something along the lines of, it was more than likely the air flow control thingy, he used the technical term though. It will show up on a OBD scan. Clever init.
Tim are you going to Goosnargh? I have got a Obd scanner in my van

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back