Ducato recall notice

MarkJ

Free Member

Ducato recall notice

Just had a recall notice for my Dethleffs. It’s to do with a possible failure of an EGR pipe. My Fiat place can’t see to it until early Jan and we are planning to be away over New Year.

I called Fiat and they are classifying it as a safety issue. What could happen, I said? Could catch fire, they said.... Irritatingly they will not provide categorical advice, just that it is a safety issue with potentially nasty consequences, worst case. My Fiat place said they’d seen a number of breakdowns lately due to this, so I guess it’s not just Fiat being over cautious.

Anyone else had any advice about this?

thanks

Last edited:
What year is you’re van mines fiat ducato 2017 it’s also a dethleff but don’t think the Dethleff bit matters if it’s a fiat recall think there’s a website for vehicle recalls you just type in reg and it lets you know if it effects yours. I’ll try and rember and post link. Don’t like the sounds of the fire bit.

Wully;n12038 said:
What year is you’re van mines fiat ducato 2017 it’s also a dethleff but don’t think the Dethleff bit matters if it’s a fiat recall think there’s a website for vehicle recalls you just type in reg and it lets you know if it effects yours. I’ll try and rember and post link. Don’t like the sounds of the fire bit.

Registered Dec 2016. Fiat checked and it is on the recall list. The garage said they'd had a low mileage van like mine in a couple of weeks ago for a repair after an EGR pipe failure.

I guess the fire bit is worst case: the pipe would have to fracture in such a place that one of the ends falls onto wiring.... Not a nice thought, though.

EFBD0A30-FD9A-4ACF-9450-CEF48823E6DC.jpeg Checked it here’s results

Attachments

• D0F392A8-1A58-4E91-A655-B6447415FFA0.jpeg
    D0F392A8-1A58-4E91-A655-B6447415FFA0.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 4
  • C259C873-ED3B-4D7F-8A12-430CF0FF7845.jpeg
    C259C873-ED3B-4D7F-8A12-430CF0FF7845.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I had mine replaced by Adams Morey Bournemouth in October having been informed on the Ducato phone app. It took about 3 hours with some cursing as it was the first they had done. It is all done from below and they took the cross member off to give them some room. The VIN number refereed to above, i..e 02A59559 to 02F21177, is the last 8 digits of the complete VIN number which starts ZFA etc.

I put something on about a month ago about the EGR pipe. Mine is due to be done on Thursday along with the windscreen scuttle. I've been told if its just the EGR pipe then its about a 5 hour job, they did say though about a gear box bracket to be checked & if it needs replacing there might be damage to the heat exchanger & it could be a 2 to 3 day job requiring the engine to be removed.

Kontiki;n12116 said:
Mine is due to be done on Thursday along with the windscreen scuttle. .
Are there problems with the X290 windscreen scuttle similar to the X250?

There is on mine & according to the commercial garage I took it to they have had a few. It seems that it relies just on the rubber edging on the plastic scuttle making a seal, maybe when its put on new the rubber sticks a bit to the glass. As mine was distorted the rubber edge had hardened a bit & no longer make a seal.

Wully;n12038 said:

Yours was registered early 2017 (well maybe not !)
so your actual chassis was probably a 2016 model allowing for delivery and build time .

Got mine in today will phone fiat when I get a chance not using van for now. Will let the fiat mechanics bodge a few vans first until they learn how to do job properly and promptly all recalls Are better left until they’ve fecked a few first lol

I have a 2011 autotrail and had the same recall in 2011 fot the same isue some vans needed pipe replacing but apparently mine was fine have Fiat not learned anything since then

Thanks for the heads up. Our 2016 Bessacarr is on the list for potential electronic systems deactivation.
Bugger.

Izwozral;n12485 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Our 2016 Bessacarr is on the list for potential electronic systems deactivation.
Bugger.

Hi,
our 2015 Ducato is within that build range but we've never had any notification about it

Has anyone else had that recall?

Steve

Yes. I collected a new van in January 2016. For some reason I knew about that recall, possibly from a thread on this forum. I enquired about it and was assured by my dealer that they were aware of it and it was scheduled for rectification during the pdi.

If my memory is working, I think the inner part of the ignition/key barrel was replaced. It did not change the key.

Also quite important, but not a recall, is the issue with lights (often the seatbelt warning lamp) glowing very dimly. This is a known issue with Fiat. Mine was replaced under warranty, but a very expensive item to replace outside of guarantee. Lots of references if you google it.

Davy

We had the instrument panel replaced in our 2013 Boxer based van when it was 2 years old becaus3 of glowing lights. Can’t understand why they didn’t do a recall, probably because they replaced many instrument panels with the same type, which was obviously going to go faulty again. Luckily, we sold our van when it was 3 years old and the panel was still ok.
there was also a recall for faulty oil pumps in some 2.2 ( Ford) engined vehicles, but we didn’t get notification of that one.

Got my letter the other day and fiat have said it will take all day to fix,i have 100mile round trip to the dealers and they will give me a courtisy vehicle.I wonder if they will pay the fuel for 300mile return trip.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back