Ducato Wing Mirrors

GMJ

Having had my off side mirror hit twice now, I am wondering whether it is possible to replace the long arm versions with the short arm versions on my 2017 Ducato based Autotrail.

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks

Graham
smile.gif

It’s something I’m going to look at when I finally get my new Pilote home next week, dealer delivering it next week as I cannot drive at the moment.
I clattered my Swift c class mirror twice before buying mirror guards which saved the mirror when I next hit it against another motorhomes mirror.
Looking at the photo I reckon medium length may well be ok to fit.

AB3E28C7-8A3B-483D-A41D-F58E76B84328.png

Thanks *****.

We are 2.35m wide.

From memory can you remember what the difference are in width, when you researched it?

The trouble I have is that I live in the middle of nowhere with some single lane and mostly narrow two way roads....and folks do not keep to their side of the road! On both occasions after the swipe neither of the perps stopped and I wasn't really in a position to turn around and chase them
smile.gif

The first time necessitated a brand new complete mirror unit; the second time last week, I got away with a replacement lamp (bulb) and a minor tear on my silver protector.

Graham
smile.gif

ta

Hmmm..I think we'll need mediums then

Did you do the job yourself?

Graham
smile.gif

Thanks

I'll give it some thought...

Graham
smile.gif

Its a startling difference on your MH.

I reckon I'd need the mediums so am not sure whether the outlay would be worth the reduction tbh. Looking at yours is it around 6 inches difference?

Graham
smile.gif

Got a pair of milenco white protectors for long arm mirrors thought we would be much more visible, a week later in France off side mirror was totally wiped out including the protector, got a copy mirror from a place in Leicester for £70 the only problem was it did not come with radio aerial, so just used the aerial from the smashed one , were fine.

It’s something I’m going to look at when I finally get my new Pilote home next week, dealer delivering it next week as I cannot drive at the moment.
I clattered my Swift c class mirror twice before buying mirror guards which saved the mirror when I next hit it against another motorhomes mirror.
Looking at the photo I reckon medium length may well be ok to fit.

Hi we have a swift 694 and having just driven the A82 Inverness to Glasgow past Loch Lomond in a car hitting the motorhome mirrors worrries me and would love to take the motorhome to Scotland. Did you change your long arm mirrors for medium and were they ok. I saw someone once had golded there’s in and attached a tiny mirror when folded. There must be some alternative out there for this issue.

Graham, yes it is possible as I have done it and have a pair of undamaged unmarked genuine Fiat Long Arm mirrors for sale
See below

genuine-pair-of-fiat-electric-mirrors-with-indicators-long-arm.38977

There are three sizes, long medium and short
The dealer we purchased from told me I needed medium, however I checked myself and considered short would do and I was correct, BUT I do have a very narrow Exsis which is not much wider than a panel van.
If you have a full width van, you need the long or you might get away with medium.

***** , we are 2.31 width. Do you think it would be worth us changing undamaged longs for mediums ???

Hi we have a swift 694 and having just driven the A82 Inverness to Glasgow past Loch Lomond in a car hitting the motorhome mirrors worrries me and would love to take the motorhome to Scotland. Did you change your long arm mirrors for medium and were they ok. I saw someone once had golded there’s in and attached a tiny mirror when folded. There must be some alternative out there for this issue.
I have done this all I did was Oder a blind spot mirror from amazon they very in size and fixed to the top of the wing mirror. So when on narrow roads I fold my drivers side mirror in and use the blind spot mirror it’s limited view but works ok for me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back