Dump valve

Campervanannie

Ok so I am filling up my fresh water tank to set off to Hereford I closed the valve off and started to fill but the water is coming out not fast but enough to make filling it a waste any ideas is there a washer or something that is failing??

If yours is like our rapido Annie it could the frost protection dump valve just by boiler.

If yours is like our rapido Annie it could the frost protection dump valve just by boiler.
No it’s the one you open to drain down your fresh water tank but now I have closed it it does not seam to be closing all the way.

I once had a brand new hose pipe to an oil pressure gauge split on a sports car.

As a "get me home" bodge I clamped the pipe shut with a pair of mole grips, secured to the bodywork with a cable tie.

Just a thought to get you away for the New Year, or until you could drive by an accessory shop. They're about £20 depending on model.

Annie, we had similar the other week, and found the dump valve at the bottom of the freshwater tank had not closed properly. I twisted to release it again and then twisted to close it, this seemed to do the trick.

Paul

A o ring may have dislodged and stuck in the ball socket,just plug the end of outlet with something until you get time to fit a new valve

Ok so an update the valve was sticking and Phil Admin freed it for me and I sprayed it with a tiny bit of silicone spray but today I was emptying and cleaning and the lever came off in my hand so it appears the plastic handle has broken down with age luckily it has broken off with the valve closed so again I will be looking for a replacement when the weather gets better so if anyone finds one and can send me a link I would be very grateful ?
43EB700E-35BD-48AB-ACAF-6BDD80E702FA.jpeg

Same happened to me yesterday but mine was the grey water tank. Fortunately I carry a spare, fitted in 5 minutes and all ok.
Just have to get another spare before next trip out.

It can ofter just be a small foreign object obstructing the valve , preventing full rotation or a build up of a deposit doing similar.

Opening and closing it fully can often remedy the former or, if not a fettle with a pipecleaner, the later.

Egg

Simple repair to these valves

The o ring perishes so just change o ring

Drain down

Lift lever

Then using a punch or drift tool or maybe a thin screwdriver push out the pin on the side of the tap

Once it’s moving you could pull it with pliers

Lift out body

Replace o ring at tip and refit

Get a box of o rings from screwfix etc

Pin as indicated in photo

O ring may even have washed out so when dismantled and no o ring on end of valve check body is clear before refitting

Attachments

• B4C35DAC-E347-4469-8A98-5B398D35711D.jpeg
    B4C35DAC-E347-4469-8A98-5B398D35711D.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back