E5 Unleaded compatibility.

Deleted member 285

I have a petrol engine Renault Trafic 1996 conversion that is not compatible with the E10 unleaded. Would it just be a case of changing hoses to make it compatible?

THIS article may be of interest. If left for long period the water absorbing properties of all modern petrol can be a problem. Possibly worth using an additive if parked up over winter. Personally I use E5 in my old vehicles and an additive over winter.

For many years, cars have had sealed fuel systems to minimise hydrocarbon release. I doubt if you’ll be pulling in moisture unless you constantly run with an empty tank.

THIS article may be of interest. If left for long period the water absorbing properties of all modern petrol can be a problem. Possibly worth using an additive if parked up over winter. Personally I use E5 in my old vehicles and an additive over winter.
Thank you for responding to my question. Should there have been an article attached to your response? What additive do you use and is that simply added to the fuel, E5 or E10?

Thank you for responding to my question. Should there have been an article attached to your response? What additive do you use and is that simply added to the fuel, E5 or E10?
Just click on the THIS. I use Briggs and Stratton HERE I just add it to the fuel. I always buy E5, but even that has a relatively short shelf life and can lead to a clogged carb.

We have a Smart car that is supposed to be compatible with E10 but we have had problems with the engine management light coming on and it seems this is a regular problem with Smarts. It doesn't happen with E5 fuel. Also fuel consumption is better with E5.

Just click on the THIS. I use Briggs and Stratton HERE I just add it to the fuel. I always buy E5, but even that has a relatively short shelf life and can lead to a clogged carb.

The special bulk off for 3 off isn't a great deal is it?

7.43 each yet if you buy in bulk its the grand price of....8.33 each!!
rotfl2.gif

More snake oil I expect.
It’s worked well for me on several vehicles. Certainly much cheaper and easier than having to clean or even replace carbs. I had some E5 in a motorcycle tank for about a year and it really had turned into an unpleasant and certainly unusable gunge. Before ethanol fuel lasted far better.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back