Electric Vehicles (EV's)

You were robbed Trev.

NI must have a very different economy to the ret of the UK.

Ref the comments about Towns gas, it was mainly H2 and CO with a bit of CH4. The CO being the lethal bit. From memory it stops the red blood cells absorbing Oxygen, hence you die! The leaks with natural gas came about because it was very much dryer than towns gas, drying out gaskets and seals and did not provide any lubrication to rotating seals. I think you will find many google references to towns gas are based on modern naptha production methods and the relative percentages are not the same as that from coal. I can't remember the percentages of each, but we used to make coal gasifiers which used all the carbon including the coke, and confusingly made producer gas. This was then going to be conerted into synthetic natural gas, as we were apparently running out of the real stuff?? This was 40 years ago!!

You were robbed Trev.

NI must have a very different economy to the ret of the UK.
Once a car gets over 3 years dealers dont want them and folks dont want to be seen in them as folks may talk about them.
Hurst the largest car sales people put all cars over 4 years to auction, i once bought a we 2 door fiat low miles one owner from auction house for £400.

You make Ireland sound like a very rich country.

From memory it stops the red blood cells absorbing Oxygen, hence you die!
As far as I recall, the problem is that CO creates a non-reversible change to the haemoglobin, which means that red blood cell will never work again.
Interesting detail about why natural gas caused leaks. I thought it odd that bigger molecules leaked easier!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back