Engine service.

They say use the best, so it's be full synthetic, Ring Millers for advice they are very good.

Mine is ment to be 15/40 but i always use 10/40 or 5/40 in winter, sometimes 5/30. in cars and van, startup is where most wear takes place so the lighter bottom number comes into play.

Change my oil and filters once a year no matter the miles use the castrol edge fully synthetic 5w-30 from Costco a decent price but it’s now in 4 litre tubs. I do it myself so that I know it’s decent oil and diesel filter.
You should have said this Allier I could have popped round for a pit stop lol

Then again I panicked when I got a warning about emission zone pop up going along the motorway haha

It’s one of the few jobs you can do yourself nowadays without being a NASA technician and thousands of pounds worth of gadgetry . One of the things I’m glad about my vans a 2017 and euro 6 but no add blue so no pdf problems
Local garage services Brunhilde and alternates a 'Full service' (£375 in 2022), including all filters and oil, plus any advisories, with a 'Light/Interim Service' (£221 in 2023 including checking earth straps). We trust each other and the arrangements work well (he has provided storage for the car whilst we have been away this trip); if he says a component needs replaced, then it does, but there is no exaggeration of wear and tear to drum up trade.

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back