Engine under tray

I may be wrong but surely it will enclose the engine more and in turn concentrate the noise more. If on the other hand you could put more insulation above the engine surly it would have more chance of reducing noise.On one of my past vans this was done and the improvement was considerably.

Jeff they are perfect for

Catching the bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver, that would have hit the floor!
then you spend three hours trying to retrieve the bolt,nut, spanner, screwdriver that didn’t hit the floor! without removing the bottom guard,
then when you’ve jacked the van up at a ridiculous angle and beat the shit out of the bottom panel to try and shake the bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver out you commit yourself and decide you need to remove the panel!
To find the bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver is the tool you need to remove the bottom panel and it’s next day delivery from amazon to get a new bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver, so you just decide to leave it there,
And lucky mechanics like me end up with a drawer full or bolt,nut, spanner, screwdrivers, that you keep paying for,
So from all those mechanics thanks 👍😄

He has probably dropped the long stick down there too, while trying to flick said nut, screw, spanner etc to one side so he can grab it.

Jeff they are perfect for

Catching the bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver, that would have hit the floor!
then you spend three hours trying to retrieve the bolt,nut, spanner, screwdriver that didn’t hit the floor! without removing the bottom guard,
then when you’ve jacked the van up at a ridiculous angle and beat the shit out of the bottom panel to try and shake the bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver out you commit yourself and decide you need to remove the panel!
To find the bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver is the tool you need to remove the bottom panel and it’s next day delivery from amazon to get a new bolt, nut, spanner, screwdriver, so you just decide to leave it there,
And lucky mechanics like me end up with a drawer full or bolt,nut, spanner, screwdrivers, that you keep paying for,
So from all those mechanics thanks 👍😄
That’s why I take it to my mates garage Andy so it won’t be my spanner’s screwdrivers lolol

I don't know if there is already a cut out there, but it is worth making a hole to allow you to do oil changes without removing the entire engine undertray!
I had one of these on my VW T5 and it was a major PITA when it came to accessing the underside of the engine :(

I remember I had one on a rental Stilo in Ireland. Front screws fell off so the tray dropped down. Was fantastic on the backroads scooping up all the gravel until it eventually broke off :)

First thing i rip of cars and vans to get at filters drain plugs etc,and as others say once a screw falls out or rust gets it then no more than a rattly gravel scoop,nice sparks at night though. (y)

You 'may' get a hotter running engine, eg when idling. An annoyingly whirring fan may cut in
more frequently especially noticeable when idling. But then again maybe all will
turn out to be peace and quiet!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back