Euro nozzle lpg

Trotter

When I changed my lpg I bought, what I thought was a full set of alternative nozzles. Now I read on here of a Euro nozzle.
Just Portugal? If that’s the case I’ll make sure I’ve plenty, before I enter Portugal . If not, it’s hand in pocket again.

There are 4 connectors used in Europe including as you say the Euronozzle or Euroconnector. See here for details
https://www.mylpg.eu/adapters
You will need a Euroconnector for Spain and Portugal. There are plenty of these adaptors on the market but although you will more than likely be aware of this make sure the adaptor has the correct fitting to suit your vehicles LPG inlet.

Del not sure about Portugal but I have been told gas cylinders are cheaper in Spain than using lpg as it’s subsidised. Check if that’s still the case, it’s one of the reasons I only had one refillable bottle so I can use cheap cylinders if applicable

Portugal is, so far as I’ve been informed, exclusively Euro nozzle. Evidently LPG pumps were changed sometime last year in a 24 hour period.
Having been in either Spain or Portugal for the last 2 months and topping up at least once a week I have yet to come across anything to contradict this.
My advice is to bring a euro nozzle with you. That way you’re prepared for anything.

Not 100% sure. This would mean leaving the spare cylinder at home, then all the hassle of buying pigtails. I’ll check the set of nozzles I got from Gasit. From what a mutual friend has texted, I might well have the correct one.
Probably it’s just me having another panic attack. TBH, I be glad to get over the water and then “make do”.

Resding this reminds me....I bought a set of these for our van last year, but as that van was returned..never actually used them! Will find them when we are sorting out our converted van mid march and put them on here as sure someone will use them!

When I changed my lpg I bought, what I thought was a full set of alternative nozzles. Now I read on here of a Euro nozzle.
Just Portugal? If that’s the case I’ll make sure I’ve plenty, before I enter Portugal . If not, it’s hand in pocket again.
When I changed my lpg I DID buy a full set of alternative nozzles. Including the Euro nozzle.
End of (another) panic.
When I finally get away, I’ll need a holiday. This adventure is getting me stressed. No idea why, perhaps it’s the thought of doing it solo. If I’ve not got everything covered now, then sod it. I’ve tried my best. Thanks to those who contributed.

Del just chill it’s supposed to be fun. Charge batteries before setting off, fill water tank and put some food and clothes in then just go.

Works for us except we can’t charge batteries and fill water before setting off lol

Great advice as always. I knew I could always depend on you.

Fun, whatcha mean fun. No gain without pain. Tried to chill, then couldn't find my passport and ferry ticket. Washavin' one of them daze. I'll be glad when I'm on the ferry.
Oh! Nik found my stuff. It wasn't lost, just put away safely, aaarrgg!

Water tank filled, and almost emptied again. Filled 2nd time. Frost valve playing silly beggers, now set open, nail 'n clothes peg.

Will put the van on EHU Friday/Saturday. Load bike and fresh provisions. Set alarm for 0545 Sunday. Then bye bye Blighty.

Missing you already. Lol ish

Last edited:
Trotter...as long as you have your tickets, passport and documents, you can get most other bits on the journey. I bet you are much more organised than you give yourself credit for! Gets to the stage where you need to stop trying to cover every eventuality and just start to enjoy the trip!

From now on I’m going to be like a swan, gliding serenely on the water. ?
I think we all know the next line ?

So on my list nobody told me I would need separate adapters to Fill my lpg I feel your pain and panic Mr Trotter just off to google it.

If you fill before you go will it last Annie? You don’t use a lot of gas do you if you don’t use heating?

Wise words.
I wonder who wrote them for him.?
It will have been Caz ??but as frugal as I am with my gas I doubt I will last a month on 2x 11 kg bottles I’m good but not that good ?

It
It will have been Caz ??but as frugal as I am with my gas I doubt I will last a month on 2x 11 kg bottles I’m good but not that good ?
s power gets us Annie, my single 11kg bottle that had its first fill after Henley meet ran out it the frog last weekend :)

Filled my gas for the first time in Spain, and the euro nozzle was the one. Simplicity it’s self. Unlike finding the Petrol station. Either Garmin had a hissy fit, or the address was wrong or maybe put in wrong. A case of rubbish in, rubbish out, I suppose.
Enjoying this ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back