europe 24

rugbyken

just booked our crossing for next year the usual newhaven dieppe 2 adults small motorhome 4x7m £67 with 20% old codgers discount , then the two dogs who stay in the veh the whole crossing a further £36 ?

just booked our crossing for next year the usual newhaven dieppe 2 adults small motorhome 4x7m £67 with 20% old codgers discount , then the two dogs who stay in the veh the whole crossing a further £36 ?
hi rugbyken. its a nice feeling it gives you something to look forwards to in the coming winter months .we go just after boxing day & have new years on the way down to Malaga then back just under 90days . cheyenne

We are booked on the tunnel on 31st January, maybe see you both in Portugal 😁😁😂
hi. no we always stay put in the winter tried Portugal but found the south coast of Spain has the best weather. if anyone is going through somport tunnel DONT forget snow chains it compulsory now on high grounds . Cheyenne

DSC01935.JPGDSC01945.JPGDSC01963.JPG

Perhaps they think you have 2 elephants in the van ?
They have to charge you for the excess fuel ?
Safe travels !

i think i once stayed in one place for two weeks oh yes that was during lockdown other than that a week is more than long enough

We cross through the tunnel on 8th Jan for a couple of months in Spain.

i think i once stayed in one place for two weeks oh yes that was during lockdown other than that a week is more than long enough
hi . yes we are the same in summer but once we get to the sun in winter there is no point in moving & most of the best places are full now adays .cheyenne

DSC01972.JPGDSC01995.JPG

Hi Ken, can you point me to a link for the 20% old codgers discount please. Hope you and Jan are doing okay (y)

Regards,
Del

DFDS look to be operating a Winter Hours Contact Centre schedule again, closing at weekends and weekday opening hours of 0800-1600 CET, although there is limited Online Chat Support available at weekends. I've cut & pasted the Contact Options from the DFDS Website for ease of reference:

Newhaven – Dieppe Route​

Opening hours
Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 16:00 CET
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

Telephone
Make a booking & Assistance: +443305878787 (from UK) or +33809541890 (from FR)

Email
newhaven-dieppe@dfds.com

Online Chat
You can also get in touch via our online chat during the following hours:
Monday – Friday: 07:00 - 17:00 GMT
Saturday: 09:00 -16:00 GMT
Sunday: 10:00 – 13:00 GMT

Steve

DFDS look to be operating a Winter Hours Contact Centre schedule again, closing at weekends and weekday opening hours of 0800-1600 CET, although there is limited Online Chat Support available at weekends. I've cut & pasted the Contact Options from the DFDS Website for ease of reference:

Newhaven – Dieppe Route​

Opening hours
Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 16:00 CET
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

Telephone
Make a booking & Assistance: +443305878787 (from UK) or +33809541890 (from FR)

Email
newhaven-dieppe@dfds.com

Online Chat
You can also get in touch via our online chat during the following hours:
Monday – Friday: 07:00 - 17:00 GMT
Saturday: 09:00 -16:00 GMT
Sunday: 10:00 – 13:00 GMT

Steve
Very helpful Steve, but….
Tbh, I’m of an age where I still think of office wallahs as working, office hours.
So my natural instinct would be to phone during “Office hours “ Monday to Friday but not between 1230 and 1400, lunch time.

Since the loss of Frequent Traveller with eurotunnel, Newhaven-Dieppe is our preferred crossing. Just a little niggle the coffee on board is unrecognizable as coffee, we now take a flask on board with us

Since the loss of Frequent Traveller with eurotunnel, Newhaven-Dieppe is our preferred crossing. Just a little niggle the coffee on board is unrecognizable as coffee, we now take a flask on board with us
And the £14 for a small dinner gave me indigestion before I ate it.
Note to self. Flask and a SANDWICH, for future trips 😋

And the £14 for a small dinner gave me indigestion before I ate it.
Note to self. Flask and a SANDWICH, for future trips 😋
I'll see your Flask and sandwiches and raise you'and a cabin as well'. £40'ish very well spent

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back