Evri screwed up yet again

Pudsey Bear

I ordered one of those shoe racks that you can hang from a rail in the wardrobe, delivered @ 12:15 er no I was in the van working on something and no one delivered anything, no one stopped outside, so someone has got it.

As ever, you cannot contact Evri only a chatbot or an automatic phone call, so I've told the seller to refund me and complained to Paypal who already have done the refund.

Amazon have one so I bought that and saved £3 and it'll be here tomorrow.

I just go to IKEA for that particular sort of gear.

I don’t buy from Amazon, or sites like Temu or Shein.

If I can’t find what I need/want from a physical local shop I take the extra time and effort to source online either directly from the manufacturer or a pukka agent.

Yes, I know not everybody has the luxury of time etc. to do this, and it is not always easy - deliberately so! I accept that I’m a modern-day luddite, but I am sticking to my guns on this and will stay that way as long as it is possible to do so.

God knows I appreciate technology and certain advancements, but I frequently wish this (pandemic induced) lurch forward into the current “post-truth” existence we seem to inhabit and the way virtually everything we do now has to take place entirely online, without exception, would go shove itself where the sun don’t shine 😜🤷‍♀️😉

IKEA!!!

Are you totally insane, it is like a prison sentence in there, no sane man will go in on his own, and only those under the thumb go with a female.

You’ve just insulted Mr Brown and a huge army of self-builders, Kev …! 😵 😱😜🤣🤣😎

Did Neil take you Marie?😘

I always go on my own. 😇

No way would I try to drag anyone to anywhere they don’t want to go if it’s avoidable 🤷‍♀️👍🤗

PS - I know all the store short cuts and only ever go for particular items. I don’t enjoy shopping 😉

Last edited:
IKEA!!!

Are you totally insane, it is like a prison sentence in there, no sane man will go in on his own, and only those under the thumb go with a female.
I've been very wary after reading that some joker turned one branch of Ikea into a labyrinth with no exit:-

I always go on my own. 😇

No way would I try to drag anyone to anywhere they don’t want to go if it’s avoidable 🤷‍♀️👍🤗

PS - I know all the store short cuts and only ever go for particular items. I don’t enjoy shopping 😉
Bless you my child, there should be more ladies like your sweet self xxx

You’ve just insulted Mr Brown and a huge army of self-builders, Kev …! 😵 😱😜🤣🤣😎
Bovvered, on their own heads be it, for I too have been, when I was a courier a woman had arranged a collection from Ikea of some cupboards, I warned her that if I had to wait more than 15 minutes she would be charged waiting time, " bloody hours it took, this was pre smartphone but I did have my Canon camera with me for such purposes and it had a time/date stamp so she had to pay me, wasn't happy though.

IKEA!!!

We visited an IKEA, filled the shopping trolley, and at the end of the maze saw that the checkouts were heaving.

So I walked past everyone, pushed my trolley to the side and started to walk out. A supervisor noticed, opened an empty checkout, and we were gone. 😳

Check the look on this wee Polish delivery drivers face. He tried to leave these parcels and take a photo then bugger off. I caught him sneaking out the gate gave him a roar then Itold him to take the parcels to fk. He nearly passed oot had to get him a glass of water he sat on my wall for ten minutes before he could drive again. Poor guy I ended up feeling sorry for him😜

IMG_3189.jpegIMG_3185.jpeg

Last edited:
I was chatting to our local DPD man yesterday and he told me that earlier that day he had tried to deliver a parcel to a “foreign” sounding family. Apparently when he went to take a photo of the parcel on the door step the homeowner went ballistic and refused to let him take any photos. The DPD guy simply said I need the photo as proof of delivery, no photo so no delivery and he put the parcel back in the van and drove away!

They are allowed to take a name instead or get a sig on the PDA.

Back