Excessive Toilet Flush

GeoffL

My van has a Thetford C400 'bench type' electric flush toilet. Currently the van is a couple of inches low on one side and on EHU with the 12v system currently showing 13.8v. The lowside is the opposite side to the flush nozzle, so the system is effectively flushing slightly downhill. When I flush the loo, a little of the stream overflows the rim of the toilet bowl. Is there a way of adjusting either the flow rate or direction of the flush nozzle on these units? Thanks for looking. Geoff

I don’t know how to turn down the flow rate . Clearly you aren’t in a position to level the van so I guess maybe a small bottle of water or cup to use to flush the bowl as a temporary measure ?

Thanks. FWIW, I tried holding a piece of bogroll over the top of the flush nozzle, which deflects the jet just enough to avoid the overflow while still giving a good flush.

Had the same problem with mine, too much pump pressure I have cured it by lengthening the water spout with a short 50mm piece of 20 mm oval electrical conduit. Job jobbed

Are you sure its not a bidet you have. 😀
I have the same model toilet and had a similar problem when the van was tilted but the problem was resolved when i levelled out the van.

Had the same problem with mine, too much pump pressure I have cured it by lengthening the water spout with a short 50mm piece of 20 mm oval electrical conduit. Job jobbed
Many thanks. That's certainly an idea worth trying. FWIW, the piece of bogroll works a treat -- if we remember to use it! and the issue is only there when on EHU or the solar panel is in full sun (i.e. when the system voltage is high).

Perhaps your water pressure is too high, can you not adjust the pressure switch in the cold water supply , I can on my van.

Perhaps your water pressure is too high, can you not adjust the pressure switch in the cold water supply , I can on my van.
Thanks. However, it's separate from the main fresh system. It has its own flush tank and pump and I can't find any pressure adjustment facility for the toilet flush.

There is a flow restrictor you can install that thetford provide with their toilets - its like a round bung with a small hole in the middle that you install on the inlet pipe. If you are handy you may be able to DIY - depends on the install

Quick search on ebay

Thanks. However, it's separate from the main fresh system. It has its own flush tank and pump and I can't find any pressure adjustment facility for the toilet flush.

Ah - didn't see that. The pump is subermisble I believe (as I had to replace mine on my old van). You could take the pump out, and use the reducer in the pipe, or indeed other means to reduce flow? Or perhaps put something in the electrical side and reduce voltage to 9v from 12v which would reduce the power of the pump?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back