Favourite Teacher

I had two, Miss Décolletage, she took French, no pun intended, phwoar she was scrumptious in the extreme, I am rubbish at French, my mind was elsewhere, And Mr Edward Campion, a hero of my youth, ex Japanese POW and looked a bit like Jimmy Edwards, he took English, my best subject, he was the funniest man, and taught us well as we all listened, he was happy to be diverted to tell us tales of his exploits if it was getting near to the end of class.

A mrs Roxburgh who’s husband Andy who later went on to become the Scotland football manager took our School football team on a field trip to Hamden park. We got to meet the Scotland football team.

Reactions: 2cv
A mrs Roxburgh who’s husband Andy who later went on to become the Scotland football manager took our School football team on a field trip to Hamden park. We got to meet the Scotland football team.

Oh that's a shame. Had you been naughty?

Joking, I'm joking :)

I had two, Miss Décolletage, she took French, no pun intended, phwoar she was scrumptious in the extreme, I am rubbish at French, my mind was elsewhere, And Mr Edward Campion, a hero of my youth, ex Japanese POW and looked a bit like Jimmy Edwards, he took English, my best subject, he was the funniest man, and taught us well as we all listened, he was happy to be diverted to tell us tales of his exploits if it was getting near to the end of class.
Interesting about your English Teacher.
The teacher I most remember and respected greatly was also an English Teacher and also an ex-WW2 Serviceman and also had the Jimmy Edwards look :). I don't recall his name, but I remember he was in the RAF and a Tail-End Charlie (rear gunner) on Lancasters.
He made English interesting and like yours, regaled us a bit about his wartime experiences and taught us some useful RAF slang as a bonus. (I may not recall his name, but I still remember what a 'shufti bint' is :love: (very un-PC now I guess?))

Jack Widdup, mad as a box of frogs! Took us for chemistry and biology, was an amazing harmonica player and a very credible ventriloquist.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back