FERRY BOOKED😀

Looking at juggling MOTs for car and M/Home [presently 1st March & 12th April respectively] to enable us to get away for a sensible break, ideally sailing direct to Spain ['Tour T Shirt' 'Marchies Sponsored by HSBC', they just don't know yet ...], but possibly Newhaven to Dieppe if France follow WHO recommendations and abandon Border COVID Checks/Test Requirements. If we bring forward the MOTs, we can repeat the exercise in mid to late October, so that we can get them out of the way before our normal departure for Spain via France around 20th November, without having to worry about returning to the East Coast of Scotland in mid February...

Elaine has her Irish Passport, so, as long as I behave myself [always a first time ...], we might be able to spend 4 or 5 months away. Now that would be nice (y)

Steve

When we first headed off overseas for a 3 month trip back in 2005 I must have spent months trying to sort things out so nothing fell due for renewal while we were away. Now all insurances are done by automatic renewal and all vehicle taxes, MoTs etc are due between Jan and March (we are always home then). Seemed such a pain at the time but now it is simple for us to get away April onwards.

When we first headed off overseas for a 3 month trip back in 2005 I must have spent months trying to sort things out so nothing fell due for renewal while we were away. Now all insurances are done by automatic renewal and all vehicle taxes, MoTs etc are due between Jan and March (we are always home then). Seemed such a pain at the time but now it is simple for us to get away April onwards.
We bought the M/Home [our first] in late April 21 so we need to make the changes to co-ordinate MOT dates and service schedules etc. This year has been spent learning about the Van and making changes to get it to work best for us, as well as actually using it, whilst fitting the occasional pause for breath ... :D

Steve

Day after tomorrow, for us! Apparently central Portugal where we are, has had very low rainfall....horrible feeling it is saving it up for our visit :ROFLMAO:

i have done the overnight crossing twice it’s brutal the first time didn’t bother with a cabin & it was a rough crossing lots of moving around vomiting etc hardly any sleep next time got a cabin by the time i was off to the land of nod tannoy was telling us to get up for breakfast ! then dumped in the dark in a strange location ,

i live in grimsby so ive got good sea legs its only 4 hrs anyway
We usually take the 2330 Newhaven to Dieppe crossing. Works very well travelling from Scotland, leave around 0830 Tuesday morning and either 1 or 2 overnight stops, getting to Newhaven around 1730 and either visiting Horace's Fish Bar [run by Dave...] for a Pensioner's Special and a flask refill of boiling water for a departure coffee the following morning, or a trip to Sainsburys for a diesel refill and a raid on the bread rolls, quiche and fruit juices for a breakfast break around Alencon, sleep for about 3 hours and then on to the Vendee by lunchtime

Steve

a month in advance standard nighttime crossing is £75 but phoning up will give you 20% discount

a month in advance standard nighttime crossing is £75 but phoning up will give you 20% discount
The previous 0800 917 1201 Freefone number has been withdrawn and the calls are chargeable at about 13p per minute. But you can emailDFDS and they will call you back to make the booking. The discount is only available if at least one traveller is aged 60 or over

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back