Fiat Ducato Motorhome Vs. Citroen C5 Estate Moderate Overlap Frontal Crash Test (Test By ADAC)

The shot on the inside of the motorhome of the drawers opening and things flying around is not good :eek:

Let's hope this never happens to anyone on here. Yes Jeff very worrying to see things flying out of drawers luckily our van doesn't have any seat's in the rear

Not really designed for crashing are they? Was that glass flying up from behind the drivers seat? I'd hate to see what would happen to a normal A Class motorhome

That is scary Jeff, particularly as that is considerably newer than my van and fully air bagged. It almost makes me think I’d be safer backpacking with a tent on my back;)

Bailey did quite a bit of work to make things safer when they first started to make motorhomes. This article describes what they did.
The videos don’t seem to work on my ipad, but they are on youtube, first one here

Now take a look at where your fire extinguisher is and how well it is secured... Imagine it in a head on crash situation. I bet some should be moved...

K ;)

The crash technology in modern cars is mind blowing ,crumple zones, safety cells ,air bags .safety glass .People walk away from crashes that would have been fatal a few years ago.

For what is basically a 2006 design, the Duc wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting! Not so happy with the caravan fittings in the back.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back