Filling in form D2 and D4 for C1 entitlement over 70

tonybvi

Just had my medical and form D4 returned to me from the doctor and am happy with this. However I find the proof of identity part of form D2 a bit ambiguous. I hold a GB photo card licence and the notes attached to D2 state “GB photo card licence holders do not fill in section 5 (proof of identity).....” However the accompanying booklet INF2D implies that I should fill in my passport number in section 5. So should I give my passport details or leave section 5 blank?
The list of fees doesn’t seem to cover applying to retain C1 entitlement at 70 - the nearest seems to be renewal with lorry/bus entitlement which is free. Am I correct in assuming there is no fee?
I could just complete the form as I think best but I would like to get it correct first time so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Tony

There is no fee to renew at 70. I believe Section 5 is for the initial photo licence application or if you want the photo updated. It allows DVLA to use the one in your passport. if you want to retain your current photo then you do not need to fill it in.

In my case found the DVLA useless, it seemed every time I had to call it was the luck of the draw who I got to what answer I would get. One of the only things I can confirm is it is FREE. If you don't have certain medical conditions then it should be straightforward, friend of mine is 79 & he got his back quickly, in my case I had to do the treadmill test then seemed to get lots of forms asking me about the pacemaker I've never had. I had a heart attack & by-pass in my late 50's & no matter how many times I told them I didn't have a pacemaker & as far as the consultant was concerned my heart was fine they would still send me forms. My license runs out in March & have decided not to bother retaining my C1 in my case it just isn't worth the cost or hassle.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back