First service cost.

neckender

We had our Fiat based vans first service today at an independent garage as we don’t have a Fiat garage in our area, oil, oil filter, pollen filter, change, top up screen wash and new sump plug O ring.
The total cost including vat was £169.62, I’m really pleased with the bill.
The garage is,
Adderley Green garage,
345 Anchor Road,
Longton,
Stoke on Trent,
ST3 5BL

I expect someone from Northern Ireland will be along shortly to tell you he'd have had it done for 35/-. But if ,like me, you can't be bothered with crawling about the van and you're happy with the service you get, then all is well. Our last MOT ,service and new front discs and pads was £380 and the garage replaced some hubcaps they'd accidentally cracked at their expense, so I'm happy enough with that.

Cheers

H

And what mileage have you covered to require a pollen filter at the first service! I was under the impression it’s replaced every 30k km

Last edited:
Did they do the valve gear,g box oil,grease back hub bearings and all the door hinges and locks,never mind filling the steering rack & boots with lube,adjust clutch.:eek:

Hello was that first service after 20k miles or 2 years?
Ok but valve clearance should have been looked at,i know most garages dont bother because my new to me car had 5 stamps on book with 27 th on clock,was it serviced,my ass,wheel bearing went,oil was like glue and one rear grease hub cap was not even there from new so i know rear wheels were not of to look,also spark pugs were well rusted so im thinking they are the ones from new and never changed,i trust no one and do my own work,there all at it.

The mileage was 11,000 Simon.

John.
Thanks, to me that seems like too soon to change, although I’ve now seen another service schedule that says 30k km or yearly.

When I get an hour free one day I’ll whip out mine to see what condition it looks to be in, I changed it 2 years ago or so.

After the oil and filter, to me the most important one to check regularly is the air filter on a Diesel engine.

Has mine done at main dealer, £400 but £150 of filters/ oil.
Did two computer upgrades one that avoided central locking failing to work and another wipers malfunction I think. Anyone had these play up or are fiat playing mind games????
Still think first service good with manufacturers, next one may see how long were likely to keep van and whether fmsh worth it!!!!

If you are overseas do find out the local price. The main Fiat Fiat Professional Dealer in Lisbon charged us €40 an hour for Labour , but did take ages to prepare prepare the bill.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back