Fitting a new 240 volt three way fridge element.

the flue at the rear is encased in a thin metal insulated tube which needs to be opened. the 2 elements can be seen going into the left of this tube. they just slot into retaining tubes welded to the flue . you need to open up the insulation just enough to remove and replace the element. as i remember , the 240v element has an earth attached , and it doesn't matter which way round the other 2 wires go

I changed mine a few months ago, I was hoping it would pull out without disturbing the insulation because I knew it slotted into a tube but no luck so I had to remove the fridge to gain access to the back, it is easy once you have access and exactly how Nigel said

the flue at the rear is encased in a thin metal insulated tube which needs to be opened. the 2 elements can be seen going into the left of this tube. they just slot into retaining tubes welded to the flue . you need to open up the insulation just enough to remove and replace the element. as i remember , the 240v element has an earth attached , and it doesn't matter which way round the other 2 wires go
Thank you Mr Brown , I now feel confident that I can do the job.

I changed mine a few months ago, I was hoping it would pull out without disturbing the insulation because I knew it slotted into a tube but no luck so I had to remove the fridge to gain access to the back, it is easy once you have access and exactly how Nigel said
Thank you Tezza ,I think now I have the info from yourself and Mr Brown I will be able to fit the element by taking the large vents off on the outside , regards ,Georgert

if you're going in from the back then you might not be able to get to the wiring easily , as there's no problem ascertaining polarity , then you should be able to cut and join the 2 wires. just keep the join as far from the flue as poss. oh and switch off before cutting !

if you're going in from the back then you might not be able to get to the wiring easily , as there's no problem ascertaining polarity , then you should be able to cut and join the 2 wires. just keep the join as far from the flue as poss. oh and switch off before cutting !
Thanks again Mr Brown ,I understand I think it gives a decent week weather wise so I will sort it this week. I will let you know the outcome , cheers George

Thank you both for your information ,I can now say " job done " .I managed to replace the element from the outside using the old wires ,all cleaned out and tested found working on all three. Thanks again. George.
Thanks for letting us know the outcome and well done (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back