Fitting a new max air remote roof fan

I think we've been blown off topic by the warm air of flatulence causing thermals [which are ok as long as there is no risk of 'follow through'], Pull up a stool and we can discuss ... :rolleyes:

Would you believe that I was bawled out by my Maths Teacher, the incomparable Biffo Cotton, for laughing when he reported his voluntary attendance on a Saturday morning to try and remove the graffiti in the urinals claiming a world record of 5ft 10 ins wall height? It wasn't that that made me laugh, it was his weary resignation in recounting that, quote, 'Nothing would remove the graffiti, not even Gunk, but it did burn a hole in my jumper when I spilled some of it ...' That was thee point at which I lost it, helpless with laughter ... :D

Biffo Cotton was probably the Teacher who had most influence on my education, which is why I can recall his words as though it were yesterday, rather than 54 years ago. A great Teacher, a skilled communicator, a fastidious disciplinarian, but also a man of great compassion, God rest his soul

Steve
I only ever had two (Well 3 if you count the French teacher) who had any affect on my education, Mr Madden the Head who stood in for Science sometimes, he didn't feck about he did speriments, & Edward Campion for English, ex Jap POW he rarely got to teach us anything but he could tell some toe curling tales, looked just like Jimmy Edwards.

RIP to all of them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back