Fitting reversing cameera.

The original fitment camera on our van is a full colour Dometic unit wired straight to our radio unit screen.
It’s not bad, but definition isn’t that good, similar to other wired cameras that we have had in previous vans.
We have a Garmin 770 Camper sat nav so decided to get the BC40 wireless camera to go with it
The image quality is way ahead of the Dometic unit and it’s been running on the same pair of Energiser lithium batteries for almost 2 years now.
I've got the BC30 on my Garmin Camper and like you, I have found the quality much better than the pre-installed and hard-wired reversing camera that is connected to the overhead drop-down screen.

Interesting comment about the Energiser Batteries... where are they fitted? my wireless camera doesn't use any batteries, I have it powered by the reversing light (so I suppose not totally 'wireless' but in terms of video trans to the front it is)

I have the BC 40 which is just powered by 2 AA batteries and clips into it mounting. Could be a bit of a theft issue, but mine is high up ( almost 3 metres) and cable tied to its mount, which is screwed into the rear panel next to the original camera.
866A0CD0-9DD5-43D7-B72A-9883859FD365.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back