Fixing to the roof

What's the problem with the owner drilling holes in the roof of their van? If they can't do a proper job they shouldn't be doing it.

From my experience of so called professional fitting some shouldn't have given up their job at the butcher's!

If you do it yourself you've only yourself to blame if it leaks and it saves the stress of trying to get it repaired/bodger again by the professional.
No problem at all, IF the job requires drilling. My point was that there is no point in drilling your roof if it doesn’t need it.

If the factory fitting failed or developed a leak Baz, you would at least have some comeback, and they would have to put it right.
If quiddies drills his roof and then gets a leak, he could only blame himself.
Unfortunately not so very little is covered after first 12 months ,the water ingress warranty is not transferable . After saying that the 12 months dealer warranty was good as over £1000 claims was sorted no problem .

If I was professionally fitting solar panels I would screw and bond them , sorting out a leak would be preferable to sorting out a claim for loosing a panel on a busy motorway .

I am planing to screw and glue. I regularly fit panels to house roofs so I am quite confident in my ability. I will be putting my tower up and fitting a A/C unit first. I think I am going to mount it behind the A/C so that the A/C unit acts a a wind buffer I will be putting the cables in D Line trunking and using the existing entry point that auto trail used in order not to penetrate the roof. I have ordered some multi hole stuffing glands. I will try to put some pictures up when I have done.

Sikaflex is a well trusted company and product used extensively in the manufacturing industry, anybody thinking on using it, look there web page it tells you what product for what surface and most importantly what primer to use before bonding, wish I could put the link up, but pigs will fly first, think it was 2cv put it up in the past, saves any guess work,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back