Flamingo Land

Mobilvetta

Booked a couple of static caravans for this week at Flamingo land for my family, a two bedroom and a three bedroom. I asked if I could park my motorhome at the side of the caravan as I was calling at autogas 2000 in Thirsk on route to get a dual crash sensor regulator fitted. I was told not a problem as there are two car lengths parking space for each static caravan.

What a god send it turned out to be, after the first night we decided we was going to sleep in the motorhome, them walls were thin and even with earplugs I could here my son snoring. Plus as a bonus our bed is far larger than those in the static caravan. We even resorted to showering in our van too, rather than having to queue for the shower in the static.

Just a heads up if anyone fancy's going there with the family, been a great week so far and the weather has been unbelievable, not all rides are open, due to a shortage of been able to recruit enough staff, plus waiting for spare parts.

I believe the week before it was chaos, due to all schools been on holiday, but fortunately my grandkids get two weeks holiday, so there has been no queues this week. It's also got entertainment on at night and it has a 9 hole golf course, gym, swimming pools and spa, plus a zoo. Well worth a trip with the family, it also has a touring park for camping and caravans, motorhomes.

IMG_20210608_145131.jpgIMG_20210608_145147.jpg

We have stayed on the touring park a few times over the years from when the kids were small right up to dare devil teens. It’s a great place for families and if you like roller coasters and high speed rides then you won’t be disappointed. And if the weather is bad you also have a big indoor pool.

I’d love to go back when we’ve all been vaccinated but I’m afraid the kids might think they are too old for it now.

Been on Flamingo Land website to book two statics again for next year for the 6th June and it says it is booked up, we have gone for the last three years at this time of year and never had a problem.

Out of interest I thought I would try to book some pitches at there camp site for the same date and that is also booked up, saying they have availability from the 20th June.

What is going on, most of the school holidays have ended on them dates we go, it is only our local primary schools that has a two week holiday, with most schools only having the week off.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back