Fogstar community support

Admin

Administator

I am pleased to announce that if anyone buys a battery from Fogstar using the link below, they will make a 10% affiliate payment to the forum. In these difficult financial times, I am looking for many ways to increase funding without changing our membership fees. The great thing about this method is that it does not cost the member anything extra.

Click here to see the Fogstar Batteries

Last edited:
I’ve just got to do some measuring. I was looking at two 300 amp. There’s two versions the pro ones are a good few quid extra. Don’t know which ones to go for. My two rellions from alpha have worked flawlessly and I’ve hammered them a couple of times. Suppose it’s all down to what will fit in my dedicated battery compartment. The two rellions I’ll keep for the van I bought.

Fogstar is based only a few miles from me, and I have popped in a couple of times to collect batteries. I have fitted a few of these now for members. I think that the Fogstar Drift Pro is an extremely good battery and is excellent for larger systems as you can run a 3000w inverter from one battery, and it will directly connect to the Victron Cerbo, so you do not need to buy a shunt.

Ten Thousand Sunsets and Trotter both have Fogstar Drift Pro 460A batteries that I have installed.

Ten Thousand Sunsets and Trotter both have Fogstar Drift Pro 460A batteries that I have installed.
And I’m very pleased with it too. I only use gas for the 3 way fridge and the water heater.
I did have both on the inverter, battery ran flat. Has recovered using solar only. A mistake I will probably make again
Half way through a twelve week trip, other than my cockup, all’s been brilliant. Happy bunny. Thanks again Phil, diamond geezer

Fogstar is based only a few miles from me, and I have popped in a couple of times to collect batteries. I have fitted a few of these now for members. I think that the Fogstar Drift Pro is an extremely good battery and is excellent for larger systems as you can run a 3000w inverter from one battery, and it will directly connect to the Victron Cerbo, so you do not need to buy a shunt.

We have no issues with ours 🤞 and I’m forever running the dyson air wrap hairdryer and straighteners (Dave) 😂😂

We have no issues with ours 🤞 and I’m forever running the dyson air wrap hairdryer and straighteners (Dave) 😂😂
If you’re still in the UK, how are you keeping it charged?
Here in Portugal, I can run the van almost totally on the batteries, ( the 3 way fridge has proved a step too far), everything else works well, including hot water.

Got to say, for those interested, as an investment, they are well worth it. Tbh, it’s transformed the way I use my van.

WOW!!

That was an education, I had no idea you could spend the best part of £2k on one battery for a MoHo, I'm sure it would be a good way to go but you need to be considerably more poked up than Moi to consider it.

I do hope the connection helps the forum.

Why would I plump for this over a normal one of the same capacity? and what else would I need to buy?

Why would I plump for this over a normal one of the same capacity? and what else would I need to buy?

as a non techy person i had struggled to get my head around the advantages of a lithium set up the 105 lithium is the equivalent of two lead acid batteries with the greater discharge capacity they also recharge so much faster and of course weigh about a guarter of a single battery , i gave in and bought a 460 one in september im also down in portugal and using kettle toaster & the wife’s hairdryer on electric every day and having the fridge freezer on electric for 8 hrs every day , i do really like the fogstar app it reads exactly what is going out & coming in so you can read eg how much your kettle is taking out the battery , i also think the difference of the pro is that it has a larger bms 300 instead of 200 the price is also getting better when i bought mine it had dropped from £1400 to £1200 recently it was available for £999 ,

We're very low energy users in the van on the principle that if I don't use it I don't need to replace it, so just two LED lights at night, the heater fan never gets used, no TV, there is no extractor fan so unless we got an electric fridge, we'd be wasting money we could spend on other stuff, the only excess we have is charging stuff but we only do that when we're driving usually.

Setup is 85w panel (already have two so used one) 100ah lead acid battery and MPPT controller, I'm not sure that would keep a Fogstar happy or not.

We're very low energy users in the van on the principle that if I don't use it I don't need to replace it, so just two LED lights at night, the heater fan never gets used, no TV, there is no extractor fan so unless we got an electric fridge, we'd be wasting money we could spend on other stuff, the only excess we have is charging stuff but we only do that when we're driving usually.

Setup is 85w panel (already have two so used one) 100ah lead acid battery and MPPT controller, I'm not sure that would keep a Fogstar happy or not.
don't get a KS Energy, that is all I would say. your usage will make it fall asleep! (ask Marchie! He had to turn extra lights on to stop it dozing off).

Fear not oh wise one ;) ;) I doubt any will be winging their way to the Bear Mobile Cave anytime soon, I think for an LB as mine is on its last legs, but I'm a patient lad, it'd be one of the Lead alternatives perhaps

Fear not oh wise one ;) ;) I doubt any will be winging their way to the Bear Mobile Cave anytime soon, I think for an LB as mine is on its last legs, but I'm a patient lad, it'd be one of the Lead alternatives perhaps
still viable. Doing two installations as soon as those blooming new Victron 50A B2Bs arrive..... one is with a new Lithium Bank and one is with a new Lead Carbon Bank. Horses for Courses.

I had two delivered today, and Bruce had two delivered as well.
where did you get them from? I think there is a backlog still being worked through and my orders were just a few weeks ago. mine due end of this month.

If you’re still in the UK, how are you keeping it charged?
Here in Portugal, I can run the van almost totally on the batteries, ( the 3 way fridge has proved a step too far), everything else works well, including hot water.

Got to say, for those interested, as an investment, they are well worth it. Tbh, it’s transformed the way I use my van.
We haven’t plugged in since it was fitted and haven’t done much driving over the last few weeks only about 40 mins in the last 2 weeks and we have had heating on and using hairdryer tv etc 👍. I haven’t been using the air fryer though 😳

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back