France. Off the beat and track

Wully

This wee place was recommended to me by a good Friend from another motorhome forum Funny lot.IMG_0155.jpeg

€13..16 amp hook up water on pitch right on the edge of a small village and country park. she recommend we stay here and visit the monkeys zoo nearby. How can they do that €13 this place is stunning loads of room if it was uk probably £30 £40 a night.

Last edited:
Wully, I asked myself the same question during our recent trip, some lovely Aires were free and WiFi free too. You are close to Poitiers, look up FuturoScope, it is a theme park and worth a visit if it takes your fancy?

BTW, did you take fridge with you?

This wee place was recommended to me by a good Friend from another motorhome forum Funny lot.View attachment 68493

€13..16 amp hook up water on pitch right on the edge of a small village and country park. she recommend we stay here and visit the monkeys zoo nearby. How can they do that €13 this place is stunning loads of room if it was uk probably £30 £40 a night

That looks great , this Country is really taking the Mick with there Site Fee's , you can pay £40 a night here & then they want £3 a day for WiFi , I hope the Bubble burst's here for them soon.

Fully agree. In the Netherlands this year we never paid more than 20euros for any place, some of them really great with all the facilities, and mostly we paid around 10euros. I have just had to book Edinburgh CAMC site (reluctantly but we have our grandkids with us and they would run our water down every few minutes the amount they shower!!) for a grand total of £50 odd (and we are members) for 1 night. Used to be less than £30!

£50 is a ridiculous charge, we had a week on Monkey Tree just outside Newquay a few wks ago with Sis in law , met a couple who wanted a pitch nxt to family & were told it would be a £50 extra charge top of their site fee of £40 a night & the place was only 1/2 full.

Done Futuroscope Terry. loved it for a the easygoing way it’s planned out would recommend it to anyone they have motorhome parking for about 200 vans with services big carpark withe large motorhome bays no electric but has drive over drain fresh water bog dump and bins €10 a night. Got the fridge with me Terry working a treat.👍

Last edited:
I’m having first use trial with fridge powered by Jackery only, see long I get using Jackery. Problem is, finding a space for it. Anyhooo, I’ll figure it out and, it works a treat, a good buy!!

KEEP the picture's coming we like to see what we are missing only 4 weeks 1 day before were at the tunnel .cheyenne

This wee place was recommended to me by a good Friend from another motorhome forum Funny lot.View attachment 68493

€13..16 amp hook up water on pitch right on the edge of a small village and country park. she recommend we stay here and visit the monkeys zoo nearby. How can they do that €13 this place is stunning loads of room if it was uk probably £30 £40 a night.

if its run by the local municipal campingcar/park will be after it next . cheyenne

That looks great , this Country is really taking the Mick with there Site Fee's , you can pay £40 a night here & then they want £3 a day for WiFi , I hope the Bubble burst's here for them soon.
Never used a campsite in UK in 15 yrs because of this until covid 8 mths a year in Europe now as many days as possible

i see your just above ( 20 mls ) from where joy used to live above ruffec

It’s really nice round here Ken I see a lot of big properties in need of repairs. This wee town looks like it’s caught in a time warp. Either there’s been a lot of inbreeding or there’s a big asylum nearby some strange looking characters walking around town Square.

Last edited:
Not bloomin jocks in frocks eh. Thanks my heathen friend for reminding me of the wonderful time we too had down there

It’s really nice round here Ken I see a lot of big properties in need of repairs. This wee town looks like it’s caught in a time warp. Either there’s been a lot of inbreeding or there’s a big asylum nearby some strange looking characters walking around town Square.
Stop looking in the mirror Wully lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back