Freshwater Tank Sterilising and Truma Boiler Descaling Again

marchie

Another 400g Tub of Puriclean arrived at lunchtime, ready for the freshwater sterilising exercise tomorrow [last done November 2022]. Went mad and ordered the 1 Litre Container of DScale [so should squeeze 2 Dscales ...] instead of the smaller 500ml version for the Water Heater and sinks plus shower pipework decalcification [again last undertaken in November 2022]. I noticed last week in the last couple of days of our trip to Spain that the toilet cassette was also acquiring a film of calcium, giving something for the previous day's breakfast to cling onto, so I intend to give the lower couple of inches of the inside [roughly 2-3 Litres of water] a 'Shake and Stir', but keeping the solution away from the Rubber Seal, before flushing with plenty of fresh water

If anyone has any technical advice on why I shouldn't blast the calcium film from the cassette with the DScale solution [Citric Acid based], please shout up sharpish!

Steve

I been using this down the waste drains and in Toilet Cassette
The Toilet Cassette usually gets a liberal sprinkling of Bio Detergent Washing Liquid, on the basis that, if you can't polish a turd, you can at least make it smell nice with the Rose Scented supermarket detergent [other aromas are available] ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

you should watch what you put in any m/h tank's if you have heaters & gauges in like our swift

I intend to give the lower couple of inches of the inside [roughly 2-3 Litres of water] a 'Shake and Stir', but keeping the solution away from the Rubber Seal, before flushing with plenty of fresh water

Steve
I just take out the cassette and put a bowl underneath when we clean the toilet.
The rubber seals are in the cassette so no worries about getting it on them 🤔

Regards,
Del

Another 400g Tub of Puriclean arrived at lunchtime, ready for the freshwater sterilising exercise tomorrow [last done November 2022]. Went mad and ordered the 1 Litre Container of DScale [so should squeeze 2 Dscales ...] instead of the smaller 500ml version for the Water Heater and sinks plus shower pipework decalcification [again last undertaken in November 2022]. I noticed last week in the last couple of days of our trip to Spain that the toilet cassette was also acquiring a film of calcium, giving something for the previous day's breakfast to cling onto, so I intend to give the lower couple of inches of the inside [roughly 2-3 Litres of water] a 'Shake and Stir', but keeping the solution away from the Rubber Seal, before flushing with plenty of fresh water

If anyone has any technical advice on why I shouldn't blast the calcium film from the cassette with the DScale solution [Citric Acid based], please shout up sharpish!

Steve
One reason is it could crack some plastic if it has got brittle, the slider can get stuck. Had great fun once sorting that out!

One reason is it could crack some plastic if it has got brittle, the slider can get stuck. Had great fun once sorting that out!
How about fitting one of these?

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back