Fridge

Aeroman

Hi all had the gas turned off at bottles now turned on the fridge won’t work on gas oven and hobs working ok fridge works fine on electric and whilst driving I’ve got light flashing but no ignition

Hi all had the gas turned off at bottles now turned on the fridge won’t work on gas oven and hobs working ok fridge works fine on electric and whilst driving I’ve got light flashing but no ignition
What fridge? Make? Model? Manual or automatic?
Might be a case of gas pipe to fridge having lost gas if off over a period of time. I recently had an issue where the fridge was lit on gas while the supply was turned off at the bottles. The hob, oven and boiler were not affected, as separate piping from the manifold and the pipe to the manifold refilled quickly when the other devices were turned on, but it took many attempts to get the fridge to light and remain lit as the gas was slow to refill the pipe to the fridge.

a major frustration on my fridge is that it goes through a safety checklist before igniting as part of that process won’t ignite till 15mins after changeover something to do with refuelling i believe

Reactions: GMJ
If the gas was off and air got into the pipes, it can take a while for the pipe to the fridge to refill with gas.

You may need to turn the hob on first to draw gas into the pipes. Then turn the fridge on three or four times before giving up

Anyone know where I can purchase the ignition box for my fridge please

IMG_9829.png

We had gas off for about 8 months. No gas to fridge or hot water. Both work on electric. Gas burner and connection brick were both replaced. And gas worked for a few days / weeks and now not ... so clueless.
But I do know the connection brick we needed was on back order. Managed to find one in stock in Dorset ... sworddown caravans who posted it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back