Friendly Forum

The laird

Rally Organiser

Proof in the dare I say it ground at the frog ,acres to saunter round in but push n pull tell got it wrong
We we’re reliably informed he seeks attention wherever he goes ,it is a shame we beleive he has another problem maybe I shouldn’t say this of such a cherished nae valued member but we think he has - wee man syndrome it’s a damn shame but we’ve all got a cross to bare ,he has two one in the green frog and the other he carries but b does humour him
poor lassie she even breaks into french she gets that up tight with him .she is an angel suffering him

Last edited:

Reiverlad

Terry - you had only yourself tae blame - if you didnt try and take the shortcut tae save 2p worth of fuel !!
You could have went round the roundabout like any normal person and should have been fine.

runnach

Proof in the dare I say it ground at the frog ,acres to saunter round in but push n pull tell got it wrong
We we’re reliably informed he seeks attention wherever he goes ,it is a shame we beleive he has another problem maybe I shouldn’t say this of such a cherished nae valued member but we think he has - wee man syndrome it’s a damn shame but we’ve all got a cross to bare ,he has two one in the green frog and the other he carries but b does humour him
poor lassie she even breaks into french she gets that up tight with him .she is an angel suffering him
Hood on the noooooooo. Mr Tonka Toy Whisky moving driver, where were you in my hour of need? Sitting on yer wee buns sipping Spitfires.

When you do eventually make an appearance, "I'll fix this says he. Aye Rrrrrrrrrrright, me MH nearly ended up in Ozz.

Then gentleman Jim Hunter ( a real pro HGV driver) unlike Gordo, who has only slept with one :eek:. Pro Jim, evaluates my worsening dilemma, all due to heavy footed Tonka toy driver Gordo, we then make a plan, which worked. ooot came our MH.

Situations like yon night, sort oot the men from the boys. Cheers to Jim Hunter!

runnach

Terry - you had only yourself tae blame - if you didnt try and take the shortcut tae save 2p worth of fuel !!
You could have went round the roundabout like any normal person and should have been fine.
Bruce, you wirnae there, you were supping Spitfires wi Gordo, hang your heed in shame.

Reiverlad

It really is a pitiful shame tae see how the memory goes in some folk !!
It wis me that went and alerted them tae come and dig you out o' that big hole you were so keen tae dig 😂

And the last thing you will catch me drinking is ony kinda beer !!

Barge1914

Having just visited a canal boat forum that I’ve been a member of for many years it has occurred to me that our forum here really does have a friendly feel. So many posters there merely seem out to prove how clever they are by belittling newcomers and most threads end up more as arguements than discussions.

Here I think that newcomers are made to feel very welcome, with no sneering from the more experienced. I think there is a strong sense of community with contributors keen to help their fellow vanners, and there’s certainly no van snobbery.
I only frequent here and WC, so don’t know if it’s just that motorhomers are more friendly in general than boaters or if other motorhoming forums are a bit unfriendly at times like the canal boat one.
There are spats here occasionally of course, but in general I think that here we have a nice place to visit.
Hard to say between boaters and motorhomers. We had our old barge in France for 14 years and rarely pulled up anywhere without ending up having a good natter and maybe a glass or two with someone...of any nationality. I rarely find that to be the case with motorhomes, you seem to have to make a real effort...except of course with wild campers.
However I must admit coming across quite a few of the sneery brigade who because they’ve learned to steer a boat consider themselves due the hat doffing respect of an admiral!

Pauljenny

I must agree.
As an honest, simple Yorkshire man, thick as 2 short planks, and proud of it, . .
I must ask if you foreign Picts, Scots, and kilt wearers ... Might try to use the Queen's English..
So that we might understand what you are saying about us.
I do find that First Minister of yours ... Jimmy Krankie.. very sexy tough

The noo.

runnach

I must agree.
As an honest, simple Yorkshire man, thick as 2 short planks, and proud of it, . .
I must ask if you foreign Picts, Scots, and kilt wearers ... Might try to use the Queen's English..
So that we might understand what you are saying about us.
I do find that First Minister of yours ... Jimmy Krankie.. very sexy tough

The noo.
Whit, wee nippy sexy :eek: gan awae and bile yer heed, jist gonnae no dae that, jist gonnae noooooooo!

Pauljenny

Whit, wee nippy sexy :eek: gan awae and bile yer heed, jist gonnae no dae that, jist gonnae noooooooo!
Thanks.. that sounds very complimentary.. I think..!
Anyone got Wully's number?
He might interpret it for me..🤪

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)