From another forum. have you seen this ?/ France Ban

Deleted member 144

France is to ban all UK tourists from Saturday 18 December, according to reports.

Only “essential” trips will be permitted between the two countries under new measures, even for travellers who are fully vaccinated.

From midnight on Saturday, it is expected that leisure travel will no longer be permitted - at present, double-jabbed British arrivals are allowed in for any purpose.

However, French citizens and EU nationals will still be able to return to France from the UK.

For those who are permitted entry, testing requirements are also expected to tighten up, with UK arrivals required to take a Covid test 24 hours before departure instead of the current 48.

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...nce-travel-ban-uk-restrictions-b1977178.html#

We do away with the list of red countries and release all the people in isolation No wonder France have banned people from the UK

They are also behind us with the jabs so obviously feel more vulnerable? :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Where do you get your data?
As at 14/12/2021:

France: Fully vaccinated 71%, partly vaccinated 6.1%; total 77%
UK: Fully vaccinated 69%, partly vaccinated 6.6%; total 75%
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=GBR and then tick the "France" checkbox as well.
Figures can be really deceptive because can be either out of date or based on the entire population, whereas we don't vaccinate the under 12s. Generally official sites in the UK will quote the percentage and use the words "of the population aged 12 and over" or sometimes "of the adult population".

Currently on the .gov website, the whole UK says 89.3% (of the 12 and overs) have had first jabs, 81.5% second jabs and 44.3% boosters.

Before we started vaccinating the 12-18 year olds, our percentages were even higher.

The ONS website figures for England alone are as follows:
"In the week beginning 15 November 2021, estimated vaccination rates remained high in England; 96.5% of adults had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 91.8% had received two or more doses. Vaccination estimates for Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland require additional quality assurance so are not included this time. These vaccination estimates will differ from daily official government figures, which are actual numbers of vaccines recorded."

Figures can be really deceptive because can be either out of date or based on the entire population, whereas we don't vaccinate the under 12s. Generally official sites in the UK will quote the percentage and use the words "of the population aged 12 and over" or sometimes "of the adult population".

Currently on the .gov website, the whole UK says 89.3% (of the 12 and overs) have had first jabs, 81.5% second jabs and 44.3% boosters.

Before we started vaccinating the 12-18 year olds, our percentages were even higher.

The ONS website figures for England alone are as follows:
"In the week beginning 15 November 2021, estimated vaccination rates remained high in England; 96.5% of adults had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 91.8% had received two or more doses. Vaccination estimates for Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland require additional quality assurance so are not included this time. These vaccination estimates will differ from daily official government figures, which are actual numbers of vaccines recorded."
But surely what matters is the entire population, not the cohorts that any particular government chooses to vaccinate?

But surely what matters is the entire population, not the cohorts that any particular government chooses to vaccinate?
Not exclusively when it comes to percentages. If we were vaccinating the entire population then the percentage done so far would obviously appear smaller, even though the number of needles in arms remains the same. The country's population is important of course when counting jabs achieved in X amount of time but that too nudges us slightly ahead of France because they have 3 million less people than the UK.

Not exclusively when it comes to percentages. If we were vaccinating the entire population then the percentage done so far would obviously appear smaller, even though the number of needles in arms remains the same. The country's population is important of course when counting jabs achieved in X amount of time but that too nudges us slightly ahead of France because they have 3 million less people than the UK.
So a country that has vaccinated 10% of a population of 80 million people is doing better than one that has vaccinated 100% of a population of 7 million? I know which of the two I'd rather be in.

So a country that has vaccinated 10% of a population of 80 million people is doing better than one that has vaccinated 100% of a population of 7 million? I know which of the two I'd rather be in.
Odd comparison. In fact we’ve vaccinated almost 90% of eligible people in our 68 million population. The remaining 10% likely either can’t have it or won’t have it for some reason… no country is going to reach 100%. In the last 3 months alone, we’ve boosted almost half of our eligible population.

From everything I’ve read or heard - and according to the experts - we’ve done better than any other country in Europe and are right up there in the world, so I have doubts about your source to be frank. I make no apology for being proud of what we’ve all achieved 🤗

The way I see it ,statistics can be summed up in this phrase.
There's lies damn lies and then statistics.

I thought I would just put this into the mix.
😉🤔😉

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back