Frost protection valve staying open!

The laird

Rally Organiser

Went to drain water etc off van today but to my surprise the valve done it’s job and dumped the water
I’m now trying to check the system but can’t get the dump valve to close to allow me to put in some fluid to check my system anyone else had this problem ?
thanks in advance for any assistance/ tips

Campervanannie

I tie a slip knot out of fishing line to mine and pull up until it clicks then tie the other end to a small hook fill up put water heater on once the temp is up undo the fishing line or if you have another pair of hands get them to hold the dump valve while you fill and warm up. 👍

Wrighpm

Fill a hot water bottle and put over valve and you can close right away. If air temp below 4 degrees will open again but hopefully you have heating on by then. The hot water bottle trick allows you to fill up bleed air and get on the road.

Obanboy666

I have had the same problem numerous times, I just put a small fan heater blowing over the valve and within 5 minutes can reset the valve. Then put the heating on to warm up the hab area.
I have never disabled the dump valve as many suggest, it’s there for a reason and I would rather it dumped the water than have the Truma combi freeze up.

grath

I made this and fitted it to stop the button shooting out.
On the older version, I put a peg over the red button to stop it dumping

IMG_8603.JPG

This photo was a previous van, but I have the same fitting on our present van

Campervanannie

I have had the same problem numerous times, I just put a small fan heater blowing over the valve and within 5 minutes can reset the valve. Then put the heating on to warm up the hab area.
I have never disabled the dump valve as many suggest, it’s there for a reason and I would rather it dumped the water than have the Truma combi freeze up.
I do only ever disable mine temporarily while I get it refilled after it’s done it’s job and dumped the water. 🙂