Fuel prices again

Wully

I don’t understand how diesel can be so cheap in N Ireland today I filled up for £1.63 just before we crossed over to Donegal even around Belfast it was £1.73 the best I seen in Scotland last week was £1.84 that’s a big difference on a full tank. If I had some drums I’d be filling them and taking it home at £1.63

I don’t understand how diesel can be so cheap in N Ireland today I filled up for £1.63 just before we crossed over to Donegal even around Belfast it was £1.73 the best I seen in Scotland last week was £1.84 that’s a big difference on a full tank. If I had some drums I’d be filling them and taking it home at £1.63
Even cheaper in Donegal, 20% allowance on sterling just over the line Strabane or Derry/ Londonderry. ;)

I paid £1.789 in Ludlow yesterday for diesel. That's 5ppl cheaper than anywhere else I have seen it.

£1.68 is cheapest I saw round here (North East England) when out and about a couple of days ago.

Definitely seems to be dipping downwards - for now.

Monday @ Costco Dartford £1.707, later that @ Costco Newcastle, 7p dearer per litre. No doubt distribution costs will be the reason for difference?

I don't know how or why but SLEAFORD has the cheapest fuel prices by far in the Notts. Lincs. area!!

Petrol yesterday at the Texaco station was £1.60.9 and derv. £1.80.9

How or why diesel is so much more heaven only knows, but for me yesterday I was only filling up the car.

Even cheaper in Donegal, 20% allowance on sterling just over the line Strabane or Derry/ Londonderry. ;)
I paid £1.57 sterling for diesel just over the border from Derry on Tuesday.

Now I’m back in Scotland and diesel is £1.86. And it can’t be due to distribution costs in Scotland because I can see the flames at the Grangemouth refinery on the horizon when I look out my window.

I read an article last week saying most garages in the UK are overcharging by15p/litre compared to their normal profit margins. We are getting ripped off

I suspect profiteering is at play and pump operators are not passing on the true price drops to consumers. Our local garage in Neilston Renfrewshire reduced his diesel price to £1.65/ltr to support his local community who he regards are loyal customers for car servicing as well as fuel purchases. (available to all passing traffic too)
He received a number of accolades and praise heaped on him for this generous gesture in support of us all at this difficult time. He genuinely put personal greed aside. The Esso a couple of miles away was still around £1.86.

Having sold my Petrol station 12 months ago and know first hand the problems of trying to cover costs during the Covid and these guys are trying to make a business work when you have a reducing turn over due to there customers working from home and more and more EV on the road plus the doubling of electric costs ( my garage monthly bill was £2000 12 months ago ) give them a bit of slack.

Having sold my Petrol station 12 months ago and know first hand the problems of trying to cover costs during the Covid and these guys are trying to make a business work when you have a reducing turn over due to there customers working from home and more and more EV on the road plus the doubling of electric costs ( my garage monthly bill was £2000 12 months ago ) give them a bit of slack.
Working from home, extra energy costs to cover, not everyone George are in a position to rip off the public, as it appears some energy providers do with impunity.

I don't know how or why but SLEAFORD has the cheapest fuel prices by far in the Notts. Lincs. area!!

Petrol yesterday at the Texaco station was £1.60.9 and derv. £1.80.9

How or why diesel is so much more heaven only knows, but for me yesterday I was only filling up the car.
Fact is the gov are pushing you to go electric, prices will not come down much and in fact may go to £5 a LTR close to 2030.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back