Fuel theft!

Consider this ,
a farmer keeps getting his truck drained , so he does nothing but keep filling it up , a 13 year old boy knows his dad gets his diesel from the farm , and its easy no risk , so he goes and nicks some himself and puts it in his dads van takes it out for a joyride , but coz his dad doesnt maintain the van as hes got no care for anyone else the brakes fail and the lad goes down the road too fast cant brake for the bend and goes over a cliff the farmer feels guilty for not putting a 24 hour guard on the fuel but they all lived happily ever after ! :)

I understand the point you are making; all kinds of scenarios can be imagined.
However you are missing the point of intent.
In the scenario you create the farmer did not intend for any of it to happen.

In the actual case you first explained the farmer did intend to cause vehicle breakdown. With today's motorways without hard shoulders it is not too far fetched to imagine serious consequences of the farmer's actions to completely innocent people.

Also don't forget the farmer is a thief too. He is stealing from the Government with his red diesel usage.

The Mot requirement for fuel filler caps is that they are secure meaning a good fit and form a good seal. There is no Mot requirement for them to lock at all.

The Mot requirement for fuel filler caps is that they are secure meaning a good fit and form a good seal. There is no Mot requirement for them to lock at all.
They may have changed the rules yet again, but it was always a requirement for exposed fuel caps to be lockable

Had a similar issue with milk constantly going missing from my doorstep years ago.
Injected one drop of mercury through the milk top.
Almost immediately after drinking the milk the mercury caused the bowls to open and the scroat literally shit themselves there and then.

Had a similar issue with milk constantly going missing from my doorstep years ago.
Almost immediately after drinking the milk the mercury caused the bowls to open and the scroat literally shit themselves there and then.
Hope this is just posted as a joke ?
otherwise you have just admitted to a possible crime Offences against the person act 1861 S 23

As an engineering the truth is very important to me, and so is accuracy. Although I will claim to be willing to take direct action, it has to be to the right person or persons but absolutely with no chance of an innocent being harmed. So any kind of random device or action disgusts me immensely.

And what if the scrotes had dropped the bottle and next doors dog lapped
the puddle up, a bit of analysis by your neighbour's vet, and consequently the
next day you get a visit from the cops. The scrotes get a free enema, you get
12 years celltime costing the taxpayer.
Unforeseen consequences.

A question about leaving the tank empty - how does the thief know if the tank is full or empty? They will break in/spike etc. regardless. I leave tank full to reduce condensation.

Well that's the next problem! When Murky was emptied for the second time the cap was not locked. The lock in the new cap did not work, but they pried it off anyways.

As for condensation both the Mercedes tanks have drain plugs at the bottom. Yes I know, two washing up bowls and they could have taken the fuel with little mess and no damage!

Many years ago a certain group were regularly stealing diesel from a tank in a factory yard (not far from Heathrow)
They got so cock sure they were doing it to pattern . So one night as expected they turned up , and started decanting into 5 gallon drums which they had to carry about 300mtrs and then pass up over a 12ft fence and carry about 500 mtrs across rough grass to their van after overloading the van we swooped and collected the lot . They had worked up quite a sweat 🤣

This is a valid point. If you don't secure anything no damage will be done when taking it. So let's grow this theory. Someone knocks on your door. "Excuse me Sir, I'm planning on robbing your house, if you just hand me all the things I'm looking for it will save us both a lot of stress" Now you'd think as the visitor was captured by your cctv he or she could be prosecuted. You will find that the chances of the police attending your house are slim to non. Your cctv images are not sharp enough to be used in court. Seriously one scum bag looks just like another.

The up side to this and your approaching the time when your next home is a care home. You'll get much better care and attention if you do away with the said scum bag. 25 years free room and board. And they have to look after properly too. It's the law.
Free?

The up side to this and your approaching the time when your next home is a care home, 25 years free room and board. It's the law.

If only! My mother in law was in a EMI care home, but the council refused to pay nursing fees. We appealed against this decision using a solicitor. The council interviewed her then six years later rejected the claim. We appealed and they said they needed to interview her again. When we pointed out that she had passed in the meantime they said without the interview the appeal could not continue. Our solicitor said they were following the letter of the law. Our bill for the care home was over £50k. Incredibly, the solicitor made no charge. The law in this area is complex and changes, spent your money now.

If only! My mother in law was in a EMI care home, but the council refused to pay nursing fees. We appealed against this decision using a solicitor. The council interviewed her then six years later rejected the claim. We appealed and they said they needed to interview her again. When we pointed out that she had passed in the meantime they said without the interview the appeal could not continue. Our solicitor said they were following the letter of the law. Our bill for the care home was over £50k. Incredibly, the solicitor made no charge. The law in this area is complex and changes, spent your money now.
£50k? that is a bargain! the residential home my mum was in was £1,000 a week and she was there for around 6 years I think.
At the time she died, she had enough money left for less than 6 months and then would probably have to get moved somewhere else.

£1000 a week, that’s a bargain. My dad was in his home at a cost of £8000 a month. He loved it there, it was like a 5 star hotel really.

The prices some of these places charge is an absolute pi55take.

Think cheap hotel, plus a fraction (10th maybe? Possibly even less) Of three underpaid care workers to provide 24hr care. Include a trough of food for 3 meals and you're still nowhere near. A few people are making a sh1t ton of money out of this.

I do some maintenance work for a national provider of retirement flats with support care and they can do it without charging anywhere near that. Less than 500 quid a month if I remember correctly.

WE had a aunt in ,they stole her rings and other bits,then told us she had no money in bank,we got a legal eagal on the job and turned out she had a small amount of money,police are on the rings as now,aunt spent/gambled all here other things away so gove had to pay most of her bills for care home,so hand over stuff to kids etc before the pigs get there hands on it,7 years you must do this and gov is talking of upping it to 15 years.

The thieves that emptied the water tank got a surprise when it got into their diesel tanks. 80 litres of water goes a long way.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back