Full height partitions

wildebus

Full height partitions

On my conversion, I will have a Fixed Rear Bead, and have a plan in my head a unit that provides storage from counter top to ceiling by the galley kitchen; And on the other side a WC Enclosure that will be full height.
But ... I have recently looked (photos wise) at PVCs that have floor to ceiling partitions on each side and they look a bit claustraphobic, so not sure now.

Anyone have a PVC with that kind of layout and could comment either way? ("not a problem" or "wish it wasn't like that"?)

I did mine like this. 211 general overview of kithen area 2013-09-14 17.18.43.jpg

Pudsey Bear;n18957 said:
I did mine like this.
Looks good. Did you ever contemplate having that board going straight up?

My van has the washroom compartment on one side of the transverse double bed, and the kitchen worktop on the other.

The worktop is raised about 6 inches above the height of the bed, but my wife said she would feel claustrophobic with a full partition.

It's also a handy place for me to put my coffee cup in the morning when I'm in bed!

Robmac;n18964 said:
My van has the washroom compartment on one side of the transverse double bed, and the kitchen worktop on the other.

The worktop is raised about 6 inches above the height of the bed, but my wife said she would feel claustrophobic with a full partition.

It's also a handy place for me to put my coffee cup in the morning when I'm in bed!

Cheers,
Yup, I think that would be the case.
I do like what Pudsey has done with the partition - keeps the openess but adds a little bit of demarkation between zones and also would add a little extra vertical wall space. Likely to do something similar I reckon.

every van i've done , people mention how spacious they are. they all have certain things in common. any floor /ceiling partition, usually the shower, is put in a corner, either behind the driver , or in front of the nearside rear door.
they are also painted and upholstered in light colours
i also try to make the floor a more interesting shape by introducing a break front cupboard if poss
even though you probably won't , it's nice to feel you could swing a cat if you wanted !

We have full height portions in our PVC. It’s narrow at that point but you soon get used to it and in our layout it’s necessary to achieve the end result. The layouts what we wanted so it’s fine.

mr brown;n19027 said:
every van i've done , people mention how spacious they are. they all have certain things in common. any floor /ceiling partition, usually the shower, is put in a corner, either behind the driver , or in front of the nearside rear door.
they are also painted and upholstered in light colours
i also try to make the floor a more interesting shape by introducing a break front cupboard if poss
even though you probably won't , it's nice to feel you could swing a cat if you wanted !

I'm trying to picture this ... "in front of the nearside rear door". Are you talking about panel van conversions?

sometimes i put the shower in the back of the van on the passenger side in panel vans

hope that's clearer- it's either behind the driver seat or the diagonally opposite corner

as for those little uprights holding up lockers above worktops they still restrict that feeling of elbow room- a lot of it's in the mind. i find all professional panel conversions claustrophobic

mr brown;n19124 said:
sometimes i put the shower in the back of the van on the passenger side in panel vans

hope that's clearer- it's either behind the driver seat or the diagonally opposite corner

as for those little uprights holding up lockers above worktops they still restrict that feeling of elbow room- a lot of it's in the mind. i find all professional panel conversions claustrophobic

Ah, gotcha.
When you said nearside rear door, I was thinking slider door, not the actual right at the back rear.

That is a good option where space and layout allows. I am going for a full size double at the rear and didn't want to compromise on that, so couldn't squeeze it in.

I've seen a few of Nigels creations on SBMCC and DIY, and they are fantastic.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back