Thursday, May 2, 2024 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, May 7, 2024 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Thursday, May 2, 2024 - 12:00 PM
End: Tuesday, May 7, 2024 - 01:00 PM
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Today, Lee and I had a conference call with Mel at the Rowing Club to see if the rally could go ahead. I would first like to explain the issues that we are facing. The big field is still very wet and waterlogged at the bottom. Half of the big field is fenced off as the Environment Agency works on flood defences for the houses. The Environment Agency was supposed to have vacated the site and returned it to its original state by mid-March, unfortunately it is still a works site. This means we may only have a quarter of the space on the big field if the bottom half is unusable. This left us with a tough decision about whether we should cancel the rally. We are not going to cancel the rally, but to be able to hold the rally, we have had to devise a plan. I know this plan will not be to everyone's liking, so after reading the plan, if you still wish to come, you will have to confirm you are happy to attend, and we will reserve a pitch for you. If you do not confirm you are coming and are happy with the plan, then you will not have a pitch and will be turned away if you arrive. We must know the exact number of vans and the van lengths to run the rally successfully.

The Plan:

1) We will reduce the pitch sizes to allow more vans to attend. There will be at least 3m between vans and, hopefully, 4m.
2) We will be using the rugby club for around 25 vans.
3) Pitches will be first come, first served.
4) You may not reserve pitches.
5) We have a 4x4 to tow van if necessary.
6) We cannot do anything about the mud or vans getting stuck. If you attend and then moan about it, it will be your last rally with us!
7) All members MUST confirm they are coming and tell us the length of their vans.
8) All members with mobility issues MUST tell us when they confirm they are attending so we know how many pitches are close to the building to reserve.

We understand that you may not be happy to attend this rally now, so please do let us know if you will not be attending.

This is what you need to do:

Please post in this thread stating that you still want to come, what day you will be arriving, and the length of your van.

We are starting a new confirmed list, and your name will appear on there.

Phil

Hi Phil, Helen and I are in sunny Spain and as it sounds like it is going to be boggy and lee and your self are going to be under pressure, we will give this one a miss this time, and just extend our stay in Spain for another week,
We will catch up at the next one.

Yes please all nights not to deep in as I am in a wheelchair most of the time
Thank you
Bruce and Angela

Yes still want to come, our motorhome is 7.4m and all 5 nights, arriving on Thursday. We both have mobility issues. hope this helps when planning this rally.

I know it’s hard for you guys so to let you know as early as possible I will give this one a miss too and hope those who attend have a good time and get some decent weather. That’s two rallies I’ve missed at Hereford that pubs gonna go bankrupt.

Did rather think this may be the case. It sounds like you are going to be under a lot of pressure, which I’m sure you don’t need!
We will sit this one out, to make room for those that still want to attend. Apologies to Paul and Mel for cancelling our food order, and to Tommy for missing his gig at the Q-Club, we hope you all have a great time.
RognChris

yes please, arriving fri so 4 nights and van is 5 metres 🥰

All nights please arriving Thursday. Anne-Marie has mobility issues and we will have the mobility scooter with us so if you could consider that when pitching us that would be much appreciated as always. Thank you.👍

All nights please arriving Thursday. Anne-Marie has mobility issues and we will have the mobility scooter with us so if you could consider that when pitching us that would be much appreciated as always. Thank you.👍
Apologies we are 7.5m in length

Lee, given the choice of either going home or going to Hereford with you shower. I’ve decided to confirm that I’ll take the easier option and come with you. So please leave me on the list. Tbh I’ll probably be there before you. As I’m going directly from Newhaven 😬

Back