Funny smell....

MarkJ

Free Member

Funny smell....

Due to a combination of bad luck, bad health and a wait to get a recall fix done, we haven’t been out for ages.

I drove the van back today from the barn where we keep it and it was very smelly - hot, exhausty, sort of smell. I didn’t notice anything when I last started it a few weeks ago, but could it just be dust and grot burning off?

Any theories?

Tks

Could be lots of things. First thoughts are-you say its kept in a barn. Is that on a farm or something? Is it possible something has nested in your engine bay or exhaust area-can you check? I think it may well help if you say what your vehicle is exactly. How dusty does it get in the barn?

Fired it up again, checked engine not overheating, smell not so strong. Suspect farm dust and stuff.

I did did find a mouse once, but no smell of meat this time, so just one of those things I suppose.

Thanks for reply....

Every time I open the forum homepage, there's a funny smell :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

I get an odd smell in the house when the radiators heat up for the first time in the winter. Now me and my marigolds have a reputation for working hard to keep everything clean, so it can't possibly be dust, can it? OK, OK, it's dust behind the radiators... there, I've confessed :O

Minisorella;n32851 said:
Every time I open the forum homepage, there's a funny smell :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

I get an odd smell in the house when the radiators heat up for the first time in the winter. Now me and my marigolds have a reputation for working hard to keep everything clean, so it can't possibly be dust, can it? OK, OK, it's dust behind the radiators... there, I've confessed :O

Attachments

• photo3022.png
    photo3022.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
What an inspiring poem and lots of great reasons never to prioritise dusting again. We are all cannibals anyway, as much of the airborne dust particles in the air we breathe (80% in the London Underground!) and ingest are dead human skin tissue........
More chilli sauce?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back