Futureproof

Gixer

Free Member

ANy recommendations on SH vans that would be reasonably futureproof, in regard to emissions - don't want to spend £25 - 30K then have to replace after a few years, I'd rather look into new models and spend more giving me more time before replacement.

Thanks

Even Euro 6 will only give a few years, Euro 5 vehicles only 3 to 4 old are penalised in LEZs. If going for diesel there is no futureproof.

Wonder if a vehicle could be re classed say it was a 2007 euro 5 say you drop a bang up to date new euro 6 engine into it wonder if you could get it re classified as a Euro 6 probably have to change few other bits Ecu exhaust maybe.

Not sure what the rules are on lpg and LEZs but that might be a cheaper route,3 litre Transit would do nicely.

Wonder if a vehicle could be re classed say it was a 2007 euro 5 say you drop a bang up to date new euro 6 engine into it wonder if you could get it re classified as a Euro 6 probably have to change few other bits Ecu exhaust maybe.
It appears possible upgrades to exhaust systems may be along soon (google Proventia) Very few zones permit upgrades as yet. Some countries like France go off date of first registration. Costs being mentioned could be in the region of €5000, so really only worth it for high-value vehicles. Not found anything relating to Fiat vans yet.

Tyre and brake pollution is already being targeted Article
The irony is that because of the extra weight of batteries in hybrid and electric vehicles, this type of pollution is actually increased by their use. ?

Euro 6 & LEZ/ULEZ with respect to London.

Euro 6 diesel motorhomes/vans are fine up to 6 years old (ULEZ).

I'm based in London & my moho was bought new Jan 17. I've until Jan 2023. After that I'll have to stay away from the ULEZ border (between the north & south circular roads.)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back