G3 Ferrari Pizza Oven

GMJ

We carry one of these in our MH...

...and I can report that they produce restaurant quality pizzas for a fraction of the price.

I make up a batch of dough balls before we go on a trip and freeze them (I'm happy to share the recipe I use if anyone wants it); I then spread tomato puree on top with sliced mozarella for a margherita pizza...or add mushrooms/pepperoni/whatever...for something different.

It takes around 10 mins to heat up to around 400 degrees which is just enough time to roll the base and prepare the pizza. It takes around 4 mins to cook and has a timer.

When on a trip we have one or so a week. They are seriously nice.

If you shop around they are usually on Amazon and cheaper on Ebay. We paid around 80 quid I think.

Graham
smile.gif

Looks a handy piece of kit.

Reactions: GMJ
Looks a great little oven, have you had any problems with it tripping out EHU’s on sites? Would love the dough recipe if you wouldn’t mind sharing ?

Would love the dough recipe if you wouldn’t mind sharing ?

Sure, no problem...
smile.gif

There are loads of recipes out there but the one I settled on is this. It makes around 12-15 balls and can be halved for smaller amounts.

1kg of Tipo 00 flour or white bread flour. Alternatively (which I tend to use): 800gms of Strong White flour plus 200gms of semolina flour
1 teaspoon of salt
2 x 7gm sachets of yeast
1 tablespoon of white sugar
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Extra flour for dusting

- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl
- Mix the olive oil, sugar and yeast into 650ml of lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes
- Combine the two to make a dough (adding the water mixture slowly and mixing in)
- Knead with flour dusted hands for about 10 mins
- Leave in a clean, flour dusted bowl in a warm place for at least an hour for the dough to double in size (I leave it for much longer). Put a damp tea towel over the top of the bowl
- Remove and 'knock back' the dough to get the air out of it
- Divide up into balls and either use or wrap in cling film and freeze at home

We carry the frozen balls in the MH freezer and take one out on the day we want to use it. I then roll out the base immediately prior to using it. NB Make sure to carry a rolling pin and flour for dusting in your MH!

When I use them I try and get the thinnest base I can roll out, without holes in it.

I made a batch using half the ingredients 2 days ago and got 6 balls out of it. We find that one ball is enough for a pizza for the two of us.

Then I use tomato purée as a base and add a sliced mozzarella ball and freshly ground pepper. It's very simple, cheap and a handy meal. I have also used grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella or mixed); mushrooms; ham; pepperoni etc etc

Graham
smile.gif

I've got a similar one to the G3 pizza oven, it's my second one, have been using them for many years. Makes the best pizzas. Only, don't place them on the home oven top and inadvertently turn on the oven top plate. The legs melt. Doh! That was the end of the first pizza oven.

I like my pizzas really thin, we sometimes go to a Pizzeria in Eauze in France. They make them thin and they are really delicious. Haven't quite managed to match them. It's down how well you handle them, getting them onto the hot pizza stone. I've tried rolling out on greaseproof paper, then rolling them up in the paper and transferring to the hot pizza stone. Good for burning fingers.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back