Garmin Express and Camper 760 updates

tonybvi

Garmin Express and Camper 760 updates

For those with Garmin satnav please note that new updates came through recently. Garmin Express updates to 5.8.0.0 and the Camper 760 sat nav units updates to 5.40.

We are in the market for a new sat nav. Have looked at the Camper 760. Would you recommend it?

bb70225;n4808 said:
We are in the market for a new sat nav. Have looked at the Camper 760. Would you recommend it?
Absolutely - we used to have TomTom’s and I suspect those horrible inbuilt satnavs we have in our cars are also TomTom based but once you get used to a Garmin in my opinion it is significantly better and easier to use.
Inputting poi’s is simplicity itself on a Garmin and the Camper 760 has never let us down.

Another vote for the Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

We`ve just had a hire care ( brand new 67 plate ) for the weekend and the built in sat nav was bloody useless :White_Thumbs_Down_S

I ended up taking the Garmin out of the motorhome and using that in the car as well :Slightly_Smiling_Fa

Thanks, just connected my 760 to update...
I wouldn't say that the 760 is perfect but it is way better than the Navman we had before.

760 is the best satnav I've owned, easy to update and quick to recalculate if overruled. Like all of them, it sometimes leaves it a bit late to give turnings, but OK overall. It didn't like a category 10 32Gb SDHC card, and repeatedly abruptly crashed after a while. No further problems once it was removed, so loaded West Europe maps only. Might have been a bad card?

Had to contact Garmin to find out how to format and set up an SD card. It should have taken a 32g card but I also had trouble so installed a 16g. Works fine but is now full after the last update!

Chip;n5005 said:
Had to contact Garmin to find out how to format and set up an SD card. It should have taken a 32g card but I also had trouble so installed a 16g. Works fine but is now full after the last update!

I have a 32gb card in my Camper 760, they need to be formatted as FAT32, the default in Windows 7,8 and 10 is exFAT and wouldn't work for me as exFAT.

Regards,
Del

I have used the Camper 760 for the last year. Has all the camping sites I have visited pre-loaded plus I have added the wild camping POI from other site, these show up on the map as I drive around, very useful. I use it for my work van so I have 2 profiles set up.

My only gripe is that I have had to increase the dimensions for my motorhome or it tries to take me down some tight roads but other than that I would give it 9/10.

I have the 660 LMT-D camper that I got from Aldi and it's brilliant, so the 760 must be awesome. I made my 'van a little bit larger when I set up the sat-nag and (except on one occasion due to me knowing better---not) it has always kept us safe and taken us through some very interesting diversions because it is linked to the mobile telephone and constantly updates the route thus avoiding snarl ups en route

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back