Gas connection issues Timberland Endeavour

badger71

Free Member

I am unable to light my fridge or gas hobs, despite knowing that the gas tank is full and the gauge also reads full. I have checked that all the taps are open, in fact tried both ways in case I was wrong. Still no luck, although I do get the faintest "puff" of gas from the hob occasionally but by no means all the time. Am I missing something obvious? We went away in the motorhome last year but stayed on elec hook-ups and can't be certain we used the gas, although we are reasonably sure everything was working. If anyone has any suggestions or has had a similar problem then I would be glad to know. We were going away at the end of next week but now on hold unless we can figure out what we are either not doing right or if there's a fault or blockage. Next step is to try to find someone locally who could take a look as I won't be messing about with it myself! Just thought it was worth asking on here first, thanks in advance.

Yes I did think that was the most likely, thank you. I'll get in touch with someone on Monday to look at it. Fourth motorhome I've owned and never had that problem before, but always a first time! :rolleyes:

I had similar once just after a habitation service, numpties had turned the isolator from the underslung LPG tank off when they pressure tested it so no gas getting to oven/hobs or boiler. Luckily I twigged soon enough and scrambled under to turn it back on so all was well. Have you just had a habitation check?

No point in messing with the regulator, we usually carry a spare, not expensive and will probably cure the problem.

Reactions: Alf
I recently had same issue and replaced the regulator. They have a date stamp on them that gets checked when you have hab checks mine was a year over so done well. Replaced it myself just make sure you purchase the correct one some have angled fitting some are in line straight connector . Less than I thought to buy new one too.

It's a good idea to take a picture of it.

Another possibility is that the collision impact safety thingy has operated. You then have to push and hold a reset button for it to let the gas flow again. Depends what system you have -mine is a Gaslow. I am assuming you have a re-fillable system because you refer to the gas tank, not ther gas bottle.

Another possibility is that the gas tap has stuck. I have had this problem in the past when the tap turns but doesn't snap into the new position. It may be that simply rotating the tap a number of times will free it off.

Gas reg I've had 2 in 4 years go faulty.
Always keep spare now .never changed one till we had lpg refillable bottles.

I have had a similar problem. My gas feed had fouled up near the tank so gas was not getting through. It turns out that the regulator pipe feed was above the level of the gas tank tap. I corrected this and refixed the regulator so it was below the gas feed. So gas was going down hill into the system with less chance of the pipe fouling up. I have had no problems over the last few years. Hope all that makes sense.

I take it you mean an underslung tank giving you problems. If you are still stuck give Charlie a ring at Autogas2000 up in Thirsk, surprised if they can’t get you sorted out 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back